intro; mr.penny

The prickly wheat scrapped its fingers against your bare legs, leaving soft chalk white trace marks. The sky overcast in washed out cotton. A bright yellow orb burned through the thin streaks. Making every attempt to evaporate the pesky clouds sheilding the view down below. Everything was quiet. Occasional birds yelped out, signaling your awakening but the only sound was the wheat and grass, tan from sunbathing, brushing against your dirt stained gown. Occasional dandelions pecked your feet as they swayed lightly.

Your head throbbed as your finger tips felt around your body. Attempting to identify exactly where you were. Your (e/c)  eyes adjusted to the suns blur. Blinking while your eyes burned, letting warm tears skim down your cheeks your vision adjusted to your current surroundings. Once they did, your eyes met with the gloomy sky. A promise for rain was there but it wasnt being forfilled. A breeze brushed past, just as stale and hot as the rest of the summer air. 'Where the hell am I?' You asked yourself mentally as you began pushing yourself up. The sound of the Earth below snapped as it attempted to hold you down. Your (h/c) hair glued to the sides of your face, your gown puffed off your back feeling damp from sweat. Checking your arms and legs for any damage that couldve resulted into your current situation, you found only dirt stains and occasional scratches. Nothing major thankfully. You carefully got up on your feet, stumbling slightly on the uneven surface. A few strands of your hair swayed in your face poking you with twigs. The sound of the grass scrapped under your bare heals echoed in the silence. An empty feild surrounded you, staring at you as if it was pleading for you to run. To flee this place. But the trees heeded you stay put. They knew more than you did. What the shadows held beyond the emerald sea. Your eyes scanned the area carefully. Every inch of land, flowers and tree. However nothing was out of place. Out of character. Unscripted. It was all in place just how it always seemed to be. Looking up at the daunting sky, 3 birds flew above in a perfect V formation. Too far to tell the particular spieces, no noise erupted from them.

But a sudden sense of deja vu shivered up your spine.

You saw those birds before.
You saw that V formation.
You knew where you were.

Slowly looking down ahead at a cluster of trees that stared back, you quietly turned around over your left shoulder. Shakey breaths hitched out your throat. Brushing past your lips. Once you turned you felt a horrid sense of dread tense from the ground below. The same ground that was now screaming, pleading with you to run. But you couldnt move. You could only let yourself sink into a terrified expression as you struggled to find your breath.

Out in the distance, a pyramid of red latex balloons glimmered in the sun. A 7ft tall figure stood perfectly still behind the balloons. A figure you saw many times but only in dreams, looming over you. Latching onto your brain burning its imprint there. To remind you that it was there and always will be there. The figure wore an old Victorian esque clown costume. A mixture of grey and white. A heavily ruffled collar that outstretched in a perfect circle around its nonvisible neck. Ruffled cuffed wrists and ankles. The bottom of the top half ending in tutu like ruffles. White gloved hands. 3 crimson pom poms going down the center. Flat boot like shoes with dotted with one crimson pom pom at the ends. Little red and white stripped jingle bells dangled neatly from his writs and ankle cuffs.

'No.' You mentally begged, watching the balloons slowly drift upwards. 'No..'

Once the balloons moved, you saw.. it.  A prue white face, ruby red lips. Buck teeth pertruding out. Bright yellow coyote like eyes burning back at you as it slowly grinned showing yellow tainted teeth. Two ruby lines from above its nonexistant brows to its eyes lined down, curving on its cheeks connecting to the corners of his malicious smile. Scarlett orange locks neatly brushed atop its head. The figure that daunted you for as long as you could recall. Most of it being a blur of colors. But as you aged, the more those colors blended in.

There it stood. Staring right back at you as your heart pounded in an attempt to force you to run. You prayed it wasnt loud enough for it to hear. The sky seemed to grow darker above you. Birds sqwaked frantically. Some fled from trees, swirling above your head. The dirt slowly pulling you under.

"Wakey wakey little one.." It spoke in its rough, childlike voice. As it spoke, it seemed to twitch awkwardly causing the small bells to jingle "Mr.Penny's waiting for you..."

The sound of your alarm clock snapped you awake as you gasped loudly, practically falling out of your bed. Lungs burning for relief. Panting harshly you were greeted to your dark bedroom. The walls looking down at you as if to say "Its okay, youre safe." The breeze from your ceiling fan brushing against your sweaty face. Looking at the clock it read 2:36 AM. "Christ.." You exhaled, mostly in annoyance at the damned thing malfuncting again while throwing yourself back on your bed with an airy plop. "It was just a dream."