4.

"Nice ride Jay. Big step up from the beat up Chevy Cavalier you used to drive." I said teasingly, yet admiring the luxurious inside of his new Camaro.

"Hah hah, leave Shelley alone, she got me from place to place."

"Suuurrrreeee it did. Why did Nat and I have to give you a jump when you were making your way to Amber Delacourt's place?"

"Hey, in my defense - I didn't charge Shelley's battery that day."

"But you sure did charge your battery. We didn't see for a whole day once you went to her place." I laughed.

"Yeah, I remember. Amber was a freak, let me tell ya."

"Yeah, no, please don't."

He chuckled in response and looked over at me. "I see your batteries are pretty recharged." he added.

I looked over at him with embarrassment and rolled my eyes, not commenting.

"Is it a boyfriend?" he asked.

"Hmm?" I replied, surprised.

"All that right there." He said, poking at a mark on my neck, "Who did them? Boyfriend? Boy toy? Fuck buddy?"

I laughed, eyeing him suspiciously, "A friend, kinda."

"Friends with benefits?"

"I don't know Jay, oh my god why are we talking about this?" I chuckled out, covering my face with my hands. "Ya deja me en pas, please."

"Okay, okay!" he said defensively, a boyish grin plastered on his face. "We're here, hope you're hungry cause I am."

"Helllll yeah." I said excitedly, nearly jumping out of the car as soon as he parked.

I waited for him patiently at the entrance, glowering at him when he tried to be funny and walk slowly to me.

As we made our way inside, I heard the diner humming with life as it was almost too crowded for comfort. Voices bounced off of each other and children could be heard yelling.

"Don't know why you like this place." Jay murmured

"I don't know... I just, like it here. Foods is good, the wait staff is pretty nice too." i answered, walking behind the hostess that lead us to a hidden booth near the bathrooms.

"Of course, the stinky booth." Jay complained

"Oh hush, it isn't bad. It doesn't even stink!" I said as I took a seat in the seat facing the bathrooms.

"What would you guys like to drink?" the sweet older lady, Darlene, asked.

"Hey Darlene, can I get a strawberry lemonade please?" I asked.

"Hey sweet cheeks, you've been here quite a bit haven't ya?" she asked quietly, winking and nodding her head to an oblivious Jay.

I simply winked back at her and looked down at the menu.

"And I'll have a water, please."

"Okay, you kids know what you want to eat today?"

"Yes." I said cautiously, looking to Jay.

He nodded and ordered the Lumberjack Slam.

"And I'll haavveee two banana pecan pancakes with whipped cream, ham, and hash browns." I said, a familiar scent washing over me for a quick second.