14.

(David)

It was already 10 minutes till 7.. Where was she? Did she back out? Why wouldn't she come to see me? She said she would.

I stared at the entryway for the Starbucks on 12th Street and Colorado - I've been here since 6:30 and still no sign of my Alex. I had a jagged ball of emotions in the pit of my stomach and a searing anxiety in my chest. It hurt to stand here, away from the business and just simply wait for her.

On my way. Her message said. I smiled at my screen, starting to walk forward from my hiding place so that I could grab us a seat by the window.

"Good evening sir, what can I get for you today?" the beautiful red head asked from behind the counter. Her bright green eyes and toothy smile was enchanting, but not as mesmerizing as the chocolaty brown eyes on my Alex and her full lipped, shy smile.

"Good evening, I'll take a venti hot double chocolate chip frap, extra whipped cream and a tall vanilla bean crème, no whipped cream." I replied. 'Alex loves whipped cream...'

"Alrightyyyyyy, venti double chocolate frap - extra whip and a tall vanilla bean; anything else I can get you, handsome?" she asked as she gave me a wink.

I smiled at her, the gesture making her blush brightly against her pale, freckled skin. "No thank you, Cindy. I appreciate it."

"Okay..." she said, waiting for me to give her my name.

"David." I said, offering her a wink in return and walking over to an empty table by the window.

I pulled my phone out and fiddled with flipping through a few apps before hearing the door open once again, revealing a lazy day clothing clad Alex. Her beautiful dark brown hair up in a messy bun, gray sweats, and a tank top on.
'Why isn't she wearing a bra?' I heard myself growl as she caught sight of me, smiling nervously before she walked towards the empty table. 'Why is covered in-'

"Hey." She said shyly, not meeting my eyes as she took a seat in front of me, her hands going under the table.

"Hey." I said in return, putting the quiet anger into check. "I, uh, I ordered you a double chocolate frap with extra whipped cream..."

Her eyebrows raised in surprise, "Oh, thank you. You shouldn't have."

I raised out of my seat as I heard my name called, "It's no problem." I said, giving her my best charming smile as I left our table.

"Here you go good looking." Cindy said once I reached the pick up counter. She handed me a few napkins as I smiled and took the drinks from her hand, noticing that one of the napkins had her name and number on it. "Text me sometime." she added as I walked away.

"Still a huge hit with the ladies, I see." Alex commented as I sat back down at our table.

I chuckled as I pocketed the napkin. "Not really.."

She smiled shyly and took a nervous sip from the cup in front of her. Her facial expressions turning to blissful as she enjoyed the too sweet dairy drink in front of her.

As she finished, we sat in awkward silence for a moment - neither of us really knew what to say to the other...

"What did you want to talk about.." She said finally, her eyes on the hands in her lap.

I took a deep breath and prepared myself. I had been working on this speech for months now... It was time for me to finally get it all off my chest. "I guess I wanted.. To speak with you about.. How I acted to you all those time when.. When we were together."