Chapter 3: Naruto's Determination

∞ 4:13 am ∞

He pulled himself together after hours of sobbing. He really needed to figure what he'd be doing for the Graduation Exams. He doubted that he would be able to take them effectively, and he'd probably have too much trouble even getting there to even take them. Despite that though, he needed to pass, and he'd do everything in his power for that to happen. Somehow he would get to the academy and take the test, he had to. It was his dream, his ambition, his life.

The blood around his eyes had been dried and there were no more clumped up scabs, rather there were fresh scabs that weren't overly gargantuan. The dirt and grime were washed away and the soreness of his body had died down to a mere throbbing.

Naruto—previously sitting down on the floor of his bathroom—hoisted himself up. He was next to his bathtub ledge, so he grasped at it and used it for leverage.

He pushed himself towards the sink and to the door. His hand reached out and he made contact with the handle of the door. He twisted it and opened it, stepped out when he was certain that it was fully ajar.

Getting to his bed took about seventeen minutes on its own, so getting to the academy was something he was going to have a very difficult time with. This wasn't something you could just fix in a matter of seconds, this was something he'd have to deal with for—most likely—forever.

He got to his bed after the seventeen minutes time span and sat down. He propped his head upon his hand, slouching as he sat. He'd need to ponder about the situation. He couldn't just magically grow his eyes back, and he certainly couldn't feign that nothing was wrong, as the black voids where his eyes would be nonexistent. Unless...

Naruto perked up in his posture. That could possibly work, he thought. He got up once again and began to work on his plan.

∞ 6:37 am ∞

Now, I have to figure out how I'm supposed to get to the academy.

Naruto groaned aloud, having strained his physical and mental strength in the course of about twelve hours. He had tried multiple ways to hide his eyes, or, lack thereof, but most of his experiments came out unsuccessful. He'd tried to conceal the problem via transformation, but each time he had failed to do so.

He had considered even going in his Sexy Jutsu form but realized that his endurance wouldn't last for the entire school day, even with his vast amount of Chakra. Not to mention the number of questions that would be thrown his way. He tried to even put his goggles over his eyes, but, the glass was still see through and people would be able to see through them. 

Feeling like there was nothing else he could do, Naruto slumped down next to his bed, back resting against it. He sighed once more and brought his hand to touch his face. His hand made contact with the outer part of his eye and he hissed at the stinging sensation but didn't pull away. 

The pain that was there wasn't as extreme as before, it was just uncomfortable at this point. The scabs were rough against his fingertips, the healing hadn't taken too long; he always wondered why that was. But, the lack of sight was far more uncomfortable as he had no awareness of what was to happen around him besides his three other senses; smell, hearing, and touch, that was it.

There has to be something else I could do. He thought I have to get to the academy.

He thought over all of his actions thus far, his life up to this point. His teacher, Iruka, would think he was an utter idiot for even trying to go anywhere in his current condition, heck, he'd think he was a complete dunce for even trying to become a ninja without his eyes.

Though Naruto being Naruto, wasn't going to give up so easily. His life goal was to become Hokage of the village, he was determined to reach that goal, no matter the costs. Nothing was going to get in the way of his dream! He wouldn't cry, he wouldn't whine, he wouldn't give up. His name was not Naruto Uzumaki if he did.

With a new determination, Naruto hoisted himself off of the floor and got to work on his eye coverage.

Next Chapter: The Village

It's short, but it's just explaining how despite this issue, he's not going to give up on his dream, you know, classic Naruto. Next chapter will be longer.