Chapter - Seventeen

The meeting at Global Group went well and I knew Oliver and Mom had a fight but I didn't think it was to the point where Oliver was gone. "Eliza. What is it?" Oliver answered his phone. "I was wondering what happened with you and Mom. Trust me it can't be as bad as what I'd like to get off my chest." I said and I heard him sigh. "I'll come to The Verdant..." I said as I got a text from my assistant at Global Group. "Actually. I have to go to New York. I'll call you when I get home Oliver." I said. "Eliza. You only call me Oliver when your mad." He said before I was able to hang up. "Maybe it's because I don't know what is happening between you and Slade. Tell me. Don't tell me. I'll give you until I get back." I said and hung up. I packed a suitcase and went.

The several meetings with those board directors hated my ideas and I said screw you. They applauded my leadership as they told me how to do my job. "Listen. I haven't been doing this as long as you. But I can tell you. I will make our stocks rise and we will help so many people. If you can't get on board with this there's the door." I said and went to my office. Sebastian asked where I was and I told him New York. I told him it might be a week and he sent a frown.

As the days past I figured out our next big thing. Research. Research technology and cures where we will try to find a way to help cancer or some sort of new device. Something that could blow everyone's mind.

I started digging into it further. Hundreds of new jobs at every site and each person looked at by me and several other managers. I posted this at the board meeting before my long flight home. They agreed this would be a good idea. Some disagreed but I convinced them. I was trying to make myself look convinced truth be told I haven't a clue what I'll start with.

When the jet landed I woke and my phone was starting to fire up. A couple messages from Ollie and Sebastian. I really wanted to see Sebastian so I messaged him I was back and headed to his place.

I hugged him and then we kissed. My phone buzzed in my purse but I ignored it and dropped my dress. We made our way to the bedroom and he laid me down.

I got dressed and went to the Verdant. When I got there Sebastian asked where I went. I replied with meeting my brother. Laurel texted me asking me to come to the office tonight so we could go get some food after her meeting.

I saw Ollie and then Sara. "Ollie. Can I talk to you. I figured now is better than never." I said and he looked at the time. "I've got a few minutes." He answered. We walked upstairs and I sat down. "I'm adopted." I spit out and he stopped moving. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Come I'm like you've never thought about it. I'm a bit darker than you and Thea. Mom always said in the smallest sun I tanned. It was a lie. I was never a Queen." I said trying not to cry. "Eliza. You were always a Queen. No matter what." He said hugging me I let a tear fall. His watch went off. "Go. I'm fine." I said and he nodded walking out.

I went to Laurels office as she was running towards me. "Laurel!?" I asked and she pulled me into a room. "Shhhh.. they are taking hostages." She pointed to the huntress.

We hid and I knew I could take them. I could kill them all. "What do we do?" She asked. "First take a deep breath." The power was cut and then I saw a couple of guys coming. "Stay." I said and started hitting and then I popped one of their necks. I knocked the other one out. "You killed him." She said. "He would of killed us. Besides he is just knocked out." I pointed to the other one. "Laurel there's more coming go!" I told her and she ran.

I started fighting as one shot me in my gut. I fell over and the last one dragged me to the hostage room. "Eliza Queen. Nice to see you again." The huntress said. "And you." I said hold my gut. "I'd shake your hand but I was shot." I said. "She killed three men." The one who dragged me said.

Huntress went around the room. "It's been an hour." She said pointing her weapon at a hostage. Then a little thing went off making my ears ring. I watched two fight as I fell over bleeding out. Laurel came in and was pushed down next to me holding my wound. "Here." The huntress tossed down a roll from the first aid. Laurel pulled my dress down and wrapped it.

I took a few Aspirin for the pain. I sat back up and leaned against Laurel. When huntress got a call. She picked me up onto my feet and held a gun to my back right where my chip was. "Come with us or she gets shot." She told Laurel and had a woman dress up like her.

I held my gut and walked out back with Huntress and Laurel. We were somewhere and everything was fuzzy. She let go up me and held the gun to Laurels head. I heard them making a deal and then there was shooting. Laurel came to my side and touched the blood dripping from my mouth. "No. No. No. No. No. No. Stay with me." She said and then screamed at something else. I fell over and Laurel told the vigilantes to go.

I was being rolled into the hospital. They did an ultrasound to see where the bullet was. They found something else. I overheard several things. Things that made sense and things that didn't. What they told my mother was.. "Ma'am we need to recover the bullet but we can't put her under without killing the baby inside her. The baby is about four weeks old and if something happens the bullet could shift and kill the baby." I had a chance and I opened my eyes faintly. "Don't kill the baby." I mumbled. They heard. "I can take the pain. Don't tell.. don't tell..." I said before passing completely out.