The Solution

I noticed there were some plot errors! So Luke did not steal the lightning bolt, someone else (who is unimportant) did.

Third Person POV

Luke had made his decision to join Kronos. However, that did not stop his love for Percy. He was doing it for them. For the unclaimed, the children of minor gods with little recognition and for those who were never meant to exist, for Percy. He began to recruit and work for Kronos. Though soon came the return of Percy. 

Luke couldn't have been happier as Percy jumped at him as soon as he got back. Of course, out of view of other campers. His Percy was now safe in his arms, out of the danger that was the outside world and protected by him. A damper  was placed on his elated mood when he was contacted by his new master. He had to persuade his boyfriend to either join them, or kill him. He couldn't comprehend that. Percy dead. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if that happened. There would be no purpose to doing this if there was no Percy Jackson, no point in creating a new world if his love could not be beside him to experience it, together. 

Luke was doubtful and nervous. He didn't know whether Percy would accept the offer or if he would stick with the Olympians. Although Percy didn't agree with how their parents ran the world, he knew that loyalty was one of Percy's strongest traits. He would want to side with their family, it depended on whether or not he, Luke, was more important that camp. Although, in case something went wrong, Luke needed to take precautions. He would ask his boyfriend by the creek. At least that way he would be able to heal himself temporally, with enough time to call for help. He truly hoped his love would say yes. He didn't want them to be on opposite sides but he wanted to rebuild the world so that Percy could be safe and happy. There were some risks he just had to take. 

He approached his secret partner. "Percy, can we talk for a sec. In the woods."

"Sure Luke." Percy looked confused, his brows furrowing as he chewed his red lips in nervousness. He was so gorgeous. The epitome of beauty, my Sea Prince.

They sat by the flowing water. "Um...Percy, do you remember those dreams I was having, before you went on the quest?"

"The ones where Kronos was trying to recruit you?" he looked a little baffled, but realisation soon dawned on him. Surprisingly, Percy did not look disgusted, disappointed. He just looked a little sad. He understood why Luke had chosen this and he didn't hate him for it. Because that was the Percy he knew, the one he fell in love with. A boy so pure and kind, understanding, even after all he has been through before this mess.

"You are siding with him," he stated rather than questioned.

"Yes. And I know that you will most likely deny my offer but, would you join me?" he all but pleaded.

"Sorry Luke," he said with a heartbroken expression,"I can't. I don't want to put our friends and family at risk with my choice. I will stay here."

Luke wasn't surprised. It was to be expected of Percy. So instead he leaned in to give his boyfriend a kiss. Deepening it to communicate just how much he meant to him. As they broke apart Luke gave Percy a vile. "Percy, I am under orders to kill you if you do not join us," Percy had a frightened and betrayed expression that tore Luke's heart out, "I am not going to do that. I could not possibly ever do that. This potion will give you the symptoms of pit scorpion poison except it is nonfatal. You can use the creek as an excuse as to how you were able to stay conscious long enough to reach camp. You have to take it when you near camp. That way it will look like I betrayed you and camp by trying to kill you. It will confirm my allegiance to Kronos. You must do this, for the both of us." he reassured.

Percy POV

I understood why he had me do this. I was devastated to know he would leave. I loved him so much, he has been there for me since the first day of camp, I would miss him. I'm scared. If someone found out about our relationship, there could be serious consequences for the both of us, and on a lesser note, my troubles at camp.

"Ok Luke," I said with tears in my eyes,"but this will not come between us, promise you will visit."

He pulled me into another kiss and confirmed that he would visit throughout the school year, when we could talk about each other, a time to pretend the war wasn't going on, just the two of us.

Line Break

So for the following years of the war, Luke visited me regularly. We talked about everything, except the war. We spoke of school and sometimes camp. When that topic came up I would become more guarded. Not because I didn't trust Luke, but because of what some people said about me. Every hero has haters just like any other person. I would entrust Luke with my fear and their torments. How some people called me girly behind my back because puberty had a slightly different affect on me. For some strange reason my hips grew wider and for that reason, among others, I got teased. 

Luke did not take this news lightly. He was furious that they would say those things about me and I had to stop him from physically going to camp and beating my tormentors to a pulp. I was saddened by the occurrences but slightly smug at the over protectiveness of my lover. It was nice to know that someone finally cared about me. And I loved him even more for it. 

The last time he came to me he knocked at my door instead of climbing through the window, as he would normally do. He came in and asked me to leave with him. To leave the war behind and disappear in the crowds of people that we called the world. He knew me well enough to predict my answer. So he gave me a necklace with the inscription 'Forever and always my love, my Sea Prince'. Soon after the final stages of the war began. I didn't see Luke until the final battle, as Kronos.

Third Person POV

And with that, all Luke and Percy's private and sacred moments were broadcasted to the Olympian council.

Everyone sat in shocked silence. Now they understood the reason for their hero's self degradation. Because it was clear to everyone the love that they boys shared. And so, now a solution had to be found. 

After a good hour, the council came to an unanimous decision. They would grant the lovers one day. One day to be together.

And there you have it folks! 1174 words. As I said before, I have exams coming up so it might take longer to update, but I have sacrificed study time for this chapter so I hope you enjoy!

Please comment and review! It is great encouragement. And check out my other story!

MidnightOwl0816