Unveil

Luke POV

I felt the sun's warmth on my face and felt a weight on my chest. I peeled my eyes open only to see a nest of black hair tickling my face. It was real. For a few moments I thought it had been all a dream, but as I remembered last night a goofy grin spread over my face. I was finally back with Percy. My guppy was curled up on my chest once again and it felt so good just to be near him. 

"Darling, wake up," I whispered. I wasn't going to remind Percy but I only have a limited amount of time with him. I can't waste this opportunity. I need to see him smile, hear him laugh. Those are the things I will hold onto for years to come until he reaches Elysium and we can be together once again. I must archive these moments. I don't have much time left.

His bright eyes fluttered sluggishly at me as his brain caught up. I could see him remember last night with a blush and look up at me in realisation. He perked up and a joyous smile split his face. He was glowing. Well, at least to me. Percy clung to my chest and rest his cheek upon my heart, listening to it beat and feeling my breaths. 

"My sneaky fox. Couldn't even allow death to catch you for long."

I grinned, "You know me too well guppy. Of course I would escape such a jail that dares keep me away form my guppy. How about we get ready? Maybe you could show me what has changed and we could go to the beach you so love?"

My green-eyed angel pouted up at me, his head on his hands, resting on my chest. "Fine, but only if you carry me."

Percy POV

And so that is how I found myself being carried to the dining pavilion by this tall, handsome hunk of fox while campers stared at us in shock. The new recruits shocked to see me being carried and most of all, smiling. I don't think they have ever experienced the jubilation of the contagious Percy Jackson smile. Mum says that I look like a child being given an ice cream. (personally I'm not a big fan of ice cream, my mother and sister think I'm ill. Or donuts)

The veteran campers, however, we are cacophony of emotions. You could basically see their expression shouting out their ire. Not all were negative. Some looked confused or shocked, others like they'd seen a ghost and some, who had been very close to Luke, (he had been, after all, a mentor and role model to most of us) in tears.

That is how my big secret got out. Years of sneaking around behind closed doors, scrambling frantically at a creak of the floorboard or flutter of curtains, clashing in the face of battle trying to keep our composures and pretend to hate each other all the while knowing we weren't both going to survive, there would be no happing ending, it was yet another Greek tragedy. But now, I get my moment of satisfaction. Being able to parade around my most precious treasure, be free from the lies I had woven and finally not having to hide my own happiness. 

Now everyone knows. I am glad that most people don't hate me for it. They were able to see the dramatic change in me since the war and yet again today. They connected the dots and understood that if it could make me so happy to have him back, how could it possibly be a bad thing?

Breakfast was spent curled up in Luke's lap, he's just so comfy! We explored the strawberry fields, playing tag between the hedges, feeding each other the little bursts of sweetness. The afternoon saw us laying in the warm sun as a cool breeze swept passed and the sand curled between our toes. After, of course, swimming, conversing with marine life, having a kayak race and catching up with friends that I had barely seen all summer because I had been holed up in my cabin. Evening consisted of singing camp songs by the fire as the sun went down, not once had we let go of each other throughout the day, always maintaining contact, whether it was just a brush of the fingers in our game of tiggie or curled up in the millennia old sand. The darkness saw us together, thoroughly satisfied and slightly sweating, speaking in whispers. 

"Percy, you know I love you right?"

"Yes, Luke. I love you too."

"Please, don't succumb in my absence. Live life, enjoy. You have so many opportunities, take them, study, travel. Do all the things you've always dreamed of doing. The war is over, now is your chance. And once, in many years, your time has passed, we will see each other again and you will tell me of every adventure, every view, every moment of laughter you have experienced and we will create new memories to hold alongside those. Ok?" he said as we began to drift into our final sleep together for many years.

"That sounds good Luke," my slightly dazed mind answered. It seemed too good to be true. Peace.

I had no idea how right I was.

And there it is. Sorry fro the cliffhanger and slow update. I was having trouble trying to come up with how to approach this chapter because the next one is the first of the most important chapters that I have been anticipating and am dying to write. 

Thank you for the encouragement and votes and I truly hope you enjoy. Feel free to comment any feedback on what you likes and didn't like. 

P.S. I am not sure if I spelt tiggie correctly.

Enjoy,

Midnight Owl