《Chapter 5》

The next day, you woke up early knowing that your grandfather would probably come early and leave early because of his business and all.

You did your morning routine and went to prepare your breakfast which was just a couple of fruits and a yogurt. You sat down and slowly ate your food. That morning you felt the same feeling you haven't felt for a while. A familiar feeling that you always seemed to feel whenever you were alone.

Emptiness.

When you were with Jiyeon or your grandfather that feeling was disappearing but once you were left alone in silence it took over. You hated silence. Hearing nothing but your own thoughts.

You sighed softly and looked at your half eaten breakfast. You didn't have the appetite anymore. It seemed like you woke with a bad mood.

You decided to at least finish the yogurt then put the fruits back not wanting to waste it for nothing.

You started cleaning around in the apartement since you were bored. When there was nowhere to clean anymore, you went to the living room and collapsed on the couch.

Looking at the ceiling, you thought Should I call Jiyeon.

Just when you were about to reach for the phone it rang with Jiyeon's name on the screen. You picked up

"Good morning." She said in a tone that seemed a bit off.

"...Good morning.....Is something wrong?"

She signed, loud enough for you to hear. Kim Jiyeon doesn't sigh.

"Did you really have to be so harsh?" Jiyeon said.

You frowned your eyebrows in confusion "What are you talking about?"

"...Never mind."

You didn't say anything not even wanting to talk about whatever she was saying, something seemed to tell you that it was better not to.

"Do you think we can meet today? Like even for an hour or something."

"Yeah, maybe even longer if you want."

"Great." She said and you heard someone call her from the other line.

"I should go now. I'll talk to you later. Bye"

"Bye" You hung up looked at your ceiling again. What now?

At that moment your doorbell rang and you quickly got up. When you opened the door you saw your grandfather smiling warmly at you. He pulled you for a hug and it didn't take long for you to hug back.

"I missed you, dear" He whispered in your hair. And you couldn't help but smile. But you were really happy for seeing him and getting to be in his arms.

He was the only one who you really saw as a parent.

He pulled away and looked down at you and tucked your hair behind your ear. His smile became wider "My little baby is as beautiful as always."

"Grandpa, I'm not a baby." You said not realizing that you were slightly pouting. He laughed at your cute face.

"Come in." You said, showed where the living room was and went to close the front door.

"Am I really the one who bought this apartment? It seems so different from what I remember." You heard him say walking to the living room. He patted the space next to him and you sat down. He put an arm around your shoulders.

"So tell me about your days, dear."

You started to say whatever you remembered that happened the last last. You didn't have much to say but you tried to say something just to satisfy him.