Chapter 04 » Three More Days

-Briella's POV-

Briella Miller, please report to the office.

The words that sound from the loudspeaker make my jaw drop. The office? I've never had to go before. It's probably about Bianca, Sarah, and Lindsay. Or maybe it was about me skipping that class last week? Who knows.

I bring my feet to a shuffle as I begin my way to the office. I can almost feel everybody's stares burning into my skin. When I'm out of bounds of everyone's glare, I take a minute to think. All of the bad things that I've ever done pop into my head and I can't seem to get them out.

I put all of my thoughts aside and begin my way to the office again. I was always buddies with principal Higgins. Maybe he'd let me off with a warning.

Somehow, I manage to pull open the heavy office door. Mr. Higgin's secretary, Ms. Depalma, greets me with a smile.

"Wait there, hon." She waddles over to my principal's door and knocks. "Tom, Briella Miller is here to see you."

"Come on in. Take a seat, please," he opens the door and waves me into the room.

The large, leather chair sitting across from his desk almost swallows me whole. He makes his way over and takes a deep breath, as if finding the words that he needed to say. "Do you know why you're here, Ms. Miller?"

"Um no, not really," my voice sounds small.

"Don't play dumb, Ms. Miller." The way that he calls me by my last name pisses me off even more. "Did you, or did you not, punch Bianca?"

"Oh, yeah, I guess I did," I smile.

"And can you tell me why?"

"Mr. Higgins, Bianca and I... well, we don't get along very well. And I'm tired of being the victim, okay? I don't have to put up with her if I don't want to. You can't make me."

"You're right. I can't. But what I can do is suspend you from school."

"For how long?"

"Only two days, but it's still enough to be put onto your permanent record," he further explains.

"Fine, then do it. All that I did is stand up for myself against them, and I'm the one that gets punished. It makes perfect sense, right?"

"Calm down. We can sort this out."

I reluctantly oblige, willing to do anything to get out of suspension.

"In return for no suspension, Miss Miller..." he trails off. "I'm afraid that I can't allow you to go to prom."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AH DON'T HATE ME, I KNOW IT'S SHORT AF BUT THAT SEEMED LIKE THE RIGHT PLACE TO CUT IT OFF, YOU KNOW?

IGHT, YO. SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER (not really).

COMMENT, VOTE, AND FAN FOR THE NEXT UPDATE!

-jenna.xx