Chapter 07 » Two More Days

-Briella's POV-

It's been a day since I've heard from Jack. It's weird - ever since we first met, we had talked from the moment we opened our eyes to the moment we closed them. Every day. The smile that would be there if he were talking to me is missing from my lips. This is pure torture.

I unlock my phone and scroll through my twitter before coming across a tweet from Jack.

thats0jack: Just made it to New York! w/ @LOHANTHONY

Attatched to it was a picture of the two posing in the back of a taxi. Jack was in New York? With Anthony? Why hadn't he told me?

I quickly exited out of twitter and tapped on iMessage. I typed Jack a quick text, hoping he'd get it soon.

Briella: how come you didnt tell me that you were in new york?!

After sending the text, I exited out of iMessage and turned my music on. Plugging it into my iHome, I got undressed and started the shower.

Sex by The 1975 blared out from the speakers as I stood under the lukewarm water. I let it run down my body and closed my eyes, allowing myself to relax. Of course, my mind touched upon all of the things in my life that I've managed to somehow screw up.

The song switches to a different song: Shower by Becky G, ironically enough.

I sing at the top of my lungs until the hot water runs out. Crap, I hadn't even realized that I'd been in the shower that long. I turned the shower off and grabbed two towels: a smaller one for my hair, and the larger one for my body.

I quickly dried myself off and walked over to my closet before picking out a casual outfit of a loose-fitting cropped tank and high-waisted shorts. I was going to actually do something with my weekend.

I slipped on my usual battered, black converse and applied some mascara, leaving the rest of my face bare. I pulled my hair into a messy ponytail before grabbing my phone and exiting the apartment.

With my earphones in, I allowed my feet to take me to wherever they wanted. Instead, my stomach got its way first as I begin to navigate myself to the Starbucks on my block. People were bustling around the streets, seemingly in a rush. There were kids playing in Central Park, causing me to laugh. This is what I've always loved about the city; something was always happening.

I looked down at my cell phone when I felt it begin to buzz. Someone was calling me. More particularly, it was Jack.

"Hey, loser."

"You'll never guess what I just saw!," he talks in a rushed voice.

"Then tell me," I laugh.

"You! I'm telling the taxi driver to let me out now, just stay where you are and I'll meet you in a couple of minutes."

With that, he hangs up. A huge smile spreads across my face, from ear to ear. I wasn't supposed to meet him until prom night, but here he was. Weird.

Within minutes, I saw two boys running toward me, screaming nonsense. Everyone was glaring at them and all I could do was laugh. As they got closer, what they were yelling become more clear; it was my name.

"BRIELLLLLAAAAA!"

"JAAAAAAAAAACK!," I scream back at him as I begin to run to him as well. When we meet, I wrap my arms around him tightly, resting my head upon his chest and he returns the favor. The smell of his cologne fills my nose and I never want to let him go.

Jack is the first one to pull away, and I feel the sudden loss. Behind him stood another boy, who seemed to be a year or two younger.

"Hi, I'm Anthony," he smiled at me. He was clad in shorts, topped off with t-shirt with a flannel thrown over it.

I pulled him into a hug as well. "I know who you are!"

Together, we walked to Starbucks. I order a Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappucino with whipped cream.

"That'll be $5.07," the barista says as she hands me my drink. Jack pushes me out of the way and shoves a bill in her hand. I shoot him a glare and he offers an innocent smile.

I shove him into a booth and pout. "I was going to pay for that, you little shit."

"Too bad," he replies before digging into a blueberry muffin.

After Starbucks, we window shop and I laugh at their stupid jokes. If only Bianca could see me now, I think.

While walking the streets of New York City, Jack grabs my arm and pulls me into a store, leaving Anthony behind.

"I've wanted to do this ever since I first saw you," he says, his hot breath fanning against my face.

The next thing I knew, his soft, pink lips were colliding with mine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick update before I'm off to a party!

Don't forget to vote, fan, and comment! Please don't be a ghost reader!

-jenna.xx