Chapter 1: Time Flies

Age 7 

(Y/N)'s POV:

I was leaping from tree to tree on the edge of True Menagerie. I was undergoing my training to become the next king. I enjoyed the freedom that being here gave me. No longer did I have to keep a front of nobility and regality. It was just me and nature. I remembered watching my father, the current king, leaping from tree to tree. Then there was the special suit, the title that was passed on from king to king. I didn't have that suit yet, as I was too young. However, I currently donned a prototype stealth suit, when training.

???: "Help us!" I heard someone scream out. Because of my enhanced hearing, I was able to trace the scream. I quickly leaped from tree to tree, and I found who it was. There was a red haired bull Faunus attempting to stand up to a black panther. I slightly smirked at myself, finding it a little bit ironic. Behind him, there was a cat Faunus laying on the ground. She must've been injured.

???: "Don't worry, Blake! I'll protect us!" Stupid kid, this isn't an animal they can take on alone. The panther was a dangerous foe. One of the top predators on this island. It circled them sizing them up. However, I saw it was preparing to pounce on them. I leaped at it at the same time it leaped at them, tackling it and throwing it aside. 

(Y/N): "Go! Get help!" I ordered the bull Faunus. He simply quickly nodded and ran off. Dammit! I forgot to urge him to take the girl. This would be tough, but I would need to keep the beast entertained for a little bit. I saw the panther had recovered and was staring me down. I responded in a similar fashion. I got low to the ground, almost mimicking the panther. It was interesting though that it had purple eyes. 

I let out a low snarl, but my Faunus instincts were kicking in, making me responding in the same fashion. It then slowly backed off into the leaves, not breaking eye contact with me until it was completely out of sight. I sniffed the air and listened and found it was leaving to my relief. I run over to the girl and gently hold her up supporting her. She was slowly regaining consciousness, showing as her eyes were fluttering open.

(Y/N): "Are you alright?" She was trying to take a look around, but I stopped her.

(Y/N): "Don't move around too much. It seems you were knocked unconscious. Your lucky that you got out of this with only a couple bruises."

Blake: "Who are you? Where's Adam?" Adam must've been that bull Faunus. 

(Y/N): "He's safe. I told him to get out of here and find help. As for me, I'm . . ." I had to be careful of what I said. Revealing my full name and even Faunus identity would compromise my safety.

(Y/N): "I'm (Y/N), another cat Faunus just like you." I then saw her sniff the air.

Blake: "That's strange, you don't seem to be just a cat Faunus."

(Y/N): "Why's that?"

Blake: "Well, you smell like a cat Faunus, but the aura you give off seems much more . . . more like a king." I had to stop this before my identity was revealed. 

(Y/N): "I think its best that we start to head to your home before more unexpected guests come. Can you walk?" She nods and then starts to push herself up. She stands up, but she then begins to wobble. She falls down, but I catch her. She looks embarrassed, but I laugh.

Blake (blushing): "S-s-sorry . . ."

(Y/N): "Hahaha. You don't need act tough. I'll carry you." I sweep her off of her feet and start to carry her. 

(Y/N): "Now where too, princess?" She then points in a direction.

Blake (blushing): "That way." I then proceed to walk. After about 5 minutes of silence, Blake breaks it.