chapter 2

" rise an shine sleeping beauty " Melony raised the curtain waking. Vanessa  up from her sleep.

" good morning Mel" she sat up properly an looked at her squinting her eyes a smile appeared on her face .

" what's so good about this morning you are smiling " she asked marvelous an sat beside her on the bed.

" did you dance with the prince " Mel asked being discrete About the whole thing.

" I  didn't dance with the prince but I danced with a very handsome young man so I thought even thou I didn't see his face " she kept smiling like a fool looking at the sky.

" you fool, you didn't dance with the prince you danced with a man you hardly knew yet you look this happy " a knock was heard on the door an it inched opened.

" your father wishes to see you down for breakfast " the maid deliverers the message an walked away in a hurry.

Quickly Vanessa jumped out of the bed in a rush to the bathroom.
Wash up an got dressed like a lady with grace.

Gently she walked  to the breakfast table an sat down.

" good morning father " she greeted with all respect Mr Cruz was not a very lenient man when it comes to his daughter and discipline.

" did you have a good sleep " he asked sipping his coffee

" you woke up rather late today Vanessa perhaps stayed up late " her aunty Matilda asked trying to imply something.

She was scared the old witch might have known she went out.

" not really I was tired form helping out with the house chore " Vanessa replied flatly pulling a plate.

" father I would like to go get something today at the market if you don't mind " she asked lowering her voice her father would never allow her to leave the house on no ground it was like he had something to hide an didn't want any of them to know.

" sure you may go ask Melony for some money I gave her some " quickly Vanessa jumped from her chair an hugged her father happily.

********************

  in a loving  afternoon  at the fencing ground   with a joy full laughter an the sparking noise of the fencing  knife hitting each other an he wearing  his fencing cloth an mask to protect him on the green fields  with wide open  gate across the street  he was fencing  with his trainer
"Ha  take that an that an also that"

"Wow prince Eric I must say you are doing  well with this fencing" his trainer gestured

"I haven't started yet "  he was winning  so well at the fencing that he was getting  better than the one training  him  he was doing  so well until he caught a glimpse of  a Jewell  under the afternoon  sun with dark long curly  hair with a dark shining  skin.  He watched her as she slowly  took her step through  the street with her  shopping bags in her hand an a pretty smile on her face .

"Ha  got you"  before  he knew the fencing  knife was on his throat

"So who is good now" his trainer smiled at his expense

"You really  got me I must say " princess Eric said caught of guard.
He looked back to see if she was still they but she was not.  there was something familiar about her he thought was it her hair or just him.

"Hy Eric let's go inside your grandfather  wants to see you  " Mike called out to him

"Okay am coming"  he ran toward  the gate hoping to see her but she vanished.  Could he have imagined her.