𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒑𝒕2 // An Intuition

The sky was blue, the trees were green, Naruto was cheerful, Sasuke remained emotionally inept, and Sakura was trying to gain Sasuke's attention. This day was simply another day in the lives of Team 7.

"Hey, Itachi ?" Naruto called from his spot beside Koukai. The Uchiha nodded wordlessly, allowing Naruto to ask his question.

"Where are we going ?" Sasuke and Sakura both froze at this. They had been wondering the same thing, as a matter of fact. Itachi's eyebrows rose slightly before he recomposed himself.

"I was told to not say." He replied dryly. The blond whispered something to Koukai before crossing the road and stopping in front of Itachi. The Uchiha sighed, He lifted an arm to Naruto's shoulder before gently pushing him to the side. "Is there something you need ?"

"Yes, actually, there is. I need you tell me what I did, so I can apologize and you can stop being an asshole." Naruto said, eyes narrowing dangerously.

"You haven't done anything, Naruto. I'm simply reacting to the mission." Itachi said, staring straight ahead. Naruto groaned, but moved aside so Itachi could pass. As soon as the Uchihas back was turned, Naruto made his move. He leapt onto his back and tightly wrapped his arms around his neck. Itachi stiffened when Naruto whispered into his ear, "I won't get off until you tell me what exactly is wrong."

"Nothing involving you, Naruto." Itachi said. He kept walking as if he didn't have an extra 90 pounds added on his back.

"I need to know, Itachi. Really. I want to know what's troubling you so I can help." Naruto pleaded, leaning his head against Itachi's shoulder. The sun shone harshly on his face, so for the next couple of minutes he switched the way he was facing.

"Can you stop moving, Naruto ?" Itachi said, ignoring the blonde's sigh. "Can you stop being a bastard ? No ? I didn't think so." Naruto retorted, tightening his grip on Itachi's waist. Koukai laughed at the comment, but was quickly silenced when both Naruto and Itachi sent a glare his way. Sakura stayed silent beside Sasuke, occasionally glancing behind them at the quarrelling couple.

"Naruto... Fine. I'll tell you when we set up camp." Itachi mumbled. He was beginning to tire from the extra weight, but trudged forward anyways.

"You're tired." Naruto commented, his arms going slack as he dropped down. "Good observation, Naru." Itachi replied, shaking his head at the blond. Naruto grinned, pulled his backpack out of Itachi's grasp and went off to talk to Koukai.

"So, Koukai... do you know where we're going ?" Naruto asked. He scrunched up his nose in displeasure as they passed a murky swamp. The air had turned musky and humid as a result. Koukai offered a similar reaction to the smell, despite being accustomed to it. "Of course I do. I just... can't tell." Koukai answered, tilting his head to look at the blond.

"Why not ? We're going to find out when we get there, anyways." Sakura said, suddenly appearing beside Naruto. "See, Sakura-chan agrees." Naruto said, nodding his head.

Koukai smiled lightly at the knucklehead beside him. "If you're going to find out when we get there, why can't you just wait ?"

Naruto stuck his tongue out, before leaning his head back to stare the clouds. "You're turning into Shikamaru, Naruto." Sakura teased, before leaving to accompany Sasuke again. In return, Sasuke remained as silent as ever.

"Hey ! At least I walk while doing it !" Naruto shouted in mock anger. His smile betrayed him though, it was as wide as a smile can get. Koukai looked down at his hands, counting every small cut he had.

"Hey, Koukai ? How'd you get those ?" Naruto asked, reaching a hand out to gently stroke the nicked skin.

"Oh, I work with scrolls a lot... they're paper cuts." Koukai laughed at the blonds' expression. A mixture of surprise, worry, relief, and embarrassment. How a person could fit so many emotions into one expression, he did not know.