The Woman

Inej paced backstage, anxious.  She had not ended up going a day early, Kuwei had made it up to her. 

Strong arms wrapped around her shoulders, hugging her from behind. Inej sink back into Kuwei's chest.

"You're going to do great." Inej twisted so that she could look up at him.

"I don't know. What if something goes wrong?" Kuwei shook his head, smiling at her.

"You will not mess up." Inej pulled away, feeling at her crisp, tight bun.

"I hope you're right." Kuwei wrapped his arms around her waist.

"You're one the best dancers I've ever known-"

"I'm the only dancer you've ever known," laughed Inej. Kuwei rolled his eyes.  Backstage was dark, and she could only make out his bright eyes, and the faint trace of his face.  A man rushed over to them.

"Inej, get on stage."  Inej nodded, and stood on her tip toes, giving him a quick kiss.

"Break a leg," he whispered before letting her go.  Inej stepped out silently onto the stage.  She wore a misty grey leotard and skirt with skin coloured tights, along with her dance shoes.  As the curtains opened and so did her eyes she immediately saw Kaz in the audience.  As the music flowed and she danced. Inej poured her heart into the dance.  The twirls, leaps, and movements. 

As soon as it started the dance was over.  She stood there in the middle of the stage, breathless and smiling.  The full audience stood and clapped, cheering.  It had been her best dance ever.  She looked back to Kaz and the woman.  Kaz was whispering something in her ear that made her shove him.  Inez bowed, blowing kisses and walking off the stage.  Kuwei was there to greet her, sweeping her up and hugging her.

"You did so good!" he laughed.  Ones held on to him tight.

"Thank you."  As Kuwei looked at her face he said,

"Is everything alright?"  Inez forced a cheery smile on her face.

"Of course."  But no.  Nothing was okay.  Kaz was with another woman.  And they were obviously together.  What bothered her the most was that he looked so happy, more open than he had been with her.  He had moved on.

Kaz was done with her.

Hey y'all! So I know the performance was short for all the build up, but it's what happens after the performance that is important.  Anyway, please pardon any mistakes, and vote.  Also, COMMENT!!  I appreciate them so much and I promise to reply as best I can!

-MOJ