[02]

confrontation
_________________________

"this place is heartbreak hotel
in this space that remains for me"

Hyerin Pov.

Pulling me with him, continuously getting closer to this nightmare of mine, Jaehyung spoke up with a shaky voice before I could even try escaping from this situation.
"No, no. Don't even try to get away from here. I don't want anything bad for you. I'm - I'm just making sure you're in good hands. I'm sorry, Hyerin. But you've changed a lot since that day. You're not my Hyerin anymore, not the girl i fell in love with. But it's not your fault! No, don't think that - ever. I - I just can't do this anymore."

I started crying the moment he ended his little speech. I secretly asked myself how often he had said those words to himself in practice before saying them to me. I don't even know why I started crying. In my heart I already knew. I knew since that day, we wouldn't stay the way we were before.
Both of us.

While thinking all of that, Jaehyung continued pulling me towards the building I only heard stories about. Bad stories. Stories of broken hearts and stories of never coming back.

This was the so called 'heartbreak hotel' where couples go to break up. I've never imagined to see this place in real life. I didn't want to come here. Ever. This place is not good, especially for people like me.