oh, sweet love of mine (axl #2)

Your deep slumber was slowly awakened by a moderate humming coming from the left side of your trashed and unclean bedroom.

Without opening your eyes, you stretched out your arms and felt his absence as the humming continued. Suddenly, your sleepy eyes were eager and stoked to open, because by the familiarity of the voice and its timbre, you already know exactly where Axl had gone.

And you were right - for there he was, sitting steadily while his toned arms rested on the table that was placed near the huge window. His attention was all focused on a piece of paper as he scribbled something, or some things, that you could not simply make out. His only source of light came from the glowing moon that tinted the whole room with a shade of cold, deep, and dark blue. The moonlight did not hesitate to caress his tender face; his thick eyelashes casting shadows across his eyes because of it.

Every once in a while, he would stop writing, taking a quick moment to ponder and think. He would also mildly furrow his eyebrows as he looked beyond the window, sometimes at the distant moon, like he was talking to it, muffled words escaping his mouth. He would lick his lips occasionally, and then smile delicately when he appeared to find the right word, humming a little more before he resumed in writing. And, although his hair has embraced the color of the night, its softness cannot be doubted. Each strand of his shiny and long hair flowed freely on his shoulder, and when some got in the way, he would tuck them behind his ears using his large hands.

Oh, what a glorious view

Indeed. At first, the thought of getting out of bed and inquiring Axl about being awake in the middle of the night and knowing the content of the paper occupied your mind. But then, you impulsively decided that it was the best choice not to interrupt the man, as he seemed to be too caught up with what he was doing, and besides, you cannot afford to ruin this wonderful and precious moment. So, you did not move out of the bed. Instead, you just quietly admired the scene that has been bestowed upon you, savoring the frame and its tiny details as if it was a photograph that you'll only see once in your life. 

Axl, Axl, Axl.

You muttered voicelessly. Lying still in the bed, your heart began to beat rapidly, hoping to finally comprehend the extent of this man's contradictions.

How could it be, that a man so reserved can turn into a beast once he comes into the stage? How is it possible, that a voice of different unbelievable range comes from his mouth? How could it be, that a man who could spit out venomous and brutal words, can be very well spoken and articulate at the same time?

You cannot wholly understand him. Even if you have been staying with him for over a year now, he somewhat remains a mystery - and this very cloud of ambiguity that surrounds him pulls you closer to him. It makes you want him more; need him more.

Axl's sudden movement snapped you out of your in-depth reflection. He moved the chair towards your direction, so you quickly closed your eyes and pretended to be asleep. Everything grew silent for a moment. You tried your best not to create a single sound or to move a little. 

Although you cannot see him, you felt his mellow stare on you. You heard him clear his throat, and noticed the sound of the crinkled paper that he might be holding.

Silence once again.

You were already expecting him to get back to bed with you. However, that was not the case, as breaking the silence, he cleared his throat, and sang with his husky low voice,

" She's got a smile it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I'd stare too long
I'd probably break down and cry

Oh, oh, oh
Sweet child o' mine
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Sweet love of mine"

Did he just wake up in the middle of the night, take a pen and a paper, to write a love song...for me?

You wanted to open your eyes. You wanted to express all of your love to him. You wanted to run to him and hug him and kiss him all over. But, you were too taken aback to even move.

Your heart began to beat even more faster when you felt him get up from where he was and finally lie down beside you, taking you into his arms gently. He kissed your cheek, and you could not help but grin quietly.

Suddenly, he whispered in your ear, "Stop pretending. I know you're awake." It tickled you, so he let out a little chuckle. 

So, he knew all along, you thought. Finally, you've stopped pretending. You turned to him and showered him with tiny kisses all over his face, which in return, made him laugh even more.

You paused. You looked at him deep in the eyes and told him, "The song is lovely."

In reply, he gazed at you even longer, as if he was searching for your soul, asking it if the love that you're showing him is, in fact, real. After a moment that felt like forever, he appeared to find the answer. He smiled, and quickly kissed your lips, which you did not hesitate to return.

If there is one thing that you will never stop doing, it would be loving this man.

A/N: So...after two years of being buried, here I go again, out of my grave, to give you some goodies! Well, I don't really know, but I hope you all like this! I thought that it's quite romantic, and I hope you feel the same! But, I actually am wondering...how did Axl write this iconic song? We all know that it's about Erin, but...how?