9: A new discovery

"I'm glad you could make it, Florence." Sebastian who was seated on a chair stood up and extended his hand which I seized in a warm handshake, all the while wondering why he stood up to acknowledge my presence.

However, I placed my little black Gucci purse on the familiar yellow table of Alex's Coffee Shop and drew out a seat.

"Yeah." I sat in the chair and placed my hands over each other on my left thigh. Sebastian stared at me momentarily and as I raised my right brow in confusion, he let out a smile. Today, he's dressed in a pair of slacks and a large yellow T-shirt, and as usual, accompanied by his laptop which lay on a bag positioned on the table.

A waitress  approached us to take our orders. Her eyes were fixed on Sebastian in admiration as she opened her mouth to speak.

"Don't worry, we won't be needing anything." He fixed his eyes on her as she placed her notepad on her chest and chewed on the cover of her pen.

"Are you sure about that?" She seductively waggled a brow at Sebastian who scratched the back of his head in obvious discomfort.

This was something I disliked about some waitresses, they were so clingy, once they set their eyes on a particular handsome guy, they would do anything to get his attention regardless of the people seated with him.

"I'm totally sure the only thing we'll like is for you to leave us alone." I shot her a weak smile and she bowed her head in shame and hurried away.

Good riddance.

"Wasn't that a little bit harsh?" He asked.

"I thought I was doing you a favour." I replied with a scowl.

Actually, I didn't know why I did what I did, it didn't matter if the waitress had flirted with Sebastian, it was no business of mine. With the way I dismissed her, anyone would have concluded that he was my boyfriend or something like that.

I've been really cranky lately, so I guess that accounts for my spiteful speech.

"Jeez, calm down, thanks for saving me anyways."

I smiled in response and shifted my hands to the top of the table.  Sebastian tore his gaze from me and placed his left hand on his bag, he dragged open a zip with his other hand and retrieved a folded piece of paper. He examined it for awhile and returned his eyes to my face.

"I'm sorry for calling you out in the manner I did, but I just made an important discovery."

"What did you discover?" I enquired eagerly,  craning the upper area of my body forward. I could only hope his discovery concerned my sister.

He sensing my eagerness slid the paper toward me and I snatched it with my fingers.

"What's this?" I asked while unfolding the paper.

"Well," He joyfully rubbed his palms together. "We've finally uncovered the exact location of your sister's kidnappers."

The joy that surged through me was capable of tearing the coffeeshop down, but I managed to keep it down.

"Oh my God!" I shrieked and placed a hand over my mouth when I noticed the hush that fell upon all the people seated around us. Slowly, I looked around and caught the disapproving glances thrown at me by the men and women. Alex's Coffee Shop wasn't really big so if I say that all eyes were on me, I wouldn't be exaggerating.

"I'm sorry." I mouthed, just as my cheeks heated up in embarrassment.

To my relief, they all returned to their interrupted conversations. However, the elderly couple seated next to us mutually grunted in displeasure and returned to their boring conversation.