29: I Know What A Graveyard Is

'I Know What A Graveyard Is'

Two months later

My face suddenly grew hot, so I opened my eyes slowly to see what had created the heat. It was the rays of the morning sun streaming into my room at mom's house. I grunted and regretted not pulling the curtains close.

My phone beeped from my dresser where I had left it the previous night after seeing a movie with mom and Philip.

Well, it's been months after my sister's cruel demise and I guess I recovered from the initial shock. But I missed her badly, I missed how she would tease me and pinch my cheeks like I was a baby, I still missed the tiny arguments we had all the time.

It still felt like a terrible dream, but I knew I wouldn't be waking up any sooner because it was reality, and reality hurts.

Deciding to embrace the day with open arms, I left my bed and went to the bathroom to take care of my hygiene.

Before I left my room, I checked the clock again.

7:33 a.m.

I hurried out of the room and headed to the living room downstairs where I met some familiar faces smiling at me. I managed to return their smiles at the same time wondering how they arrived here so early.

"How's it going girl?" Tanya asked and shifted in her seat.

I shrugged and sat in an empty sofa next to Sebastian who didn't seem to care. Instead, he turned to me with a soft stare.

"How was your sleep?"

"It was more better."

He nodded and shifted his attention to my mom who just entered the living room.

She was dressed in a simple black flowing gown with three flowers engraved on the front. Although, she looked older - mainly because of her daughter's death - she appeared more vibrant than other days..

"Hi Amanda." Tanya and Sebastian chorused.

Mom smiled and hugged Tanya who was already standing. "How are the both of you doing?"

"We're cool." Seb replied.

Mom moved to hug him. I sat in my seat and watched how Sebastian's arms dangled limply at his sides.

Mom sat beside me and gave me a kiss on the top of my head. I snuggled into her and breathed in the fragrance of her body spray.

"What are you young people up to?"

Tanya brushed her cheek with a finger and turned to Sebastian who purposely avoided her gaze.

"Well..." She began when Seb stubbornly kept his mouth shut. But he returned his gaze to her when she spoke up.

"We intended taking Florence somewhere." Tanya gave Seb a scorching glare.

"You don't need to seek my permission, go ahead."

With a frown, I looked up at mom who had a knowing smile on her face. "Don't look at me like that, you certainly need an outing."

After several encouraging speeches, I agreed to go out with Tanya and Sebastian.

The afternoon found me at a mall together with them. According to them, I needed to let loose for a day.

Even though I didn't like the idea. I tagged along and scanned a few items before putting them in the trolley. Even though people in the mall recognized me as Philip's girlfriend and started taking random shots of me, I remained unfazed.