Good News!

~ (a/n)I'm fairly new to BTS and being an ARMY plus this is my first time writing a BTS fanfic so please have mercy on my soul if I get some details or facts wrong. With that noted please leave helpful and/or nice comments, if you so desire, and enjoy the story! ~

(y/n) - your name
(l/n) - your last name
(f/c) - favorite color

Words spoken in english will be unmodified

Words in italics are said in Korean
(As you can tell I am not fluent in Korean so yeah)

(y/n) (l/n) was a regular everyday college student that attended a special school for musicians. Everything was going well until you were randomly picked to study abroad at a special school in Seoul, South Korea. Anyone would be excited by an opportunity like this, however, you had a few problems with this. One, you weren't fluent in Korean. Two, you knew very little about the culture or area. The only things that you did know you picked up from your grandma who watched k-dramas with english subs every time you visited. And three, you didn't even know if she could stay in a foreign country for three whole years to complete the course. Like it was cool and all, but you'd be away from your friends and family for three entire years!

"(y/n)! Don't let your fears stop you! I'm sure the language barrier will mean nothing once you start studying. Plus you can't complain since you're going to be in the same city as BTS for three years!" Your best friend, Julia was desperately trying to get you to accept the special offer.

"BT what? I have no clue what you're talking about... but now that you mention it I guess it could be a very educational experience." Julia tugged on your sleeve.

"Please Please please please please please please go! And bring me back tons of tourist things! Please! Please! Please! Or take me with you in your suite case! I can fold myself in half and fit inside, I promise! PLEASE!"

"You do know that shoving you in my suite case is illegal, right? And yes I'll go, but only because most of the expenses will be paid for while I'm there." Julia jumped with excitement.

"This means I can visit you over spring break!" The visual arts major was buzzed from head to toe that you were going to accept the offer.

"I just need to call in with the office and schedule an evaluation with the board of review before I'm approved to go over."

"I'll help you pack your things!" Julia tugged you along back to the apartment the both of you shared and began to pack the essentials.

----------

"So Ms. (l/n)... you're currently developing your skills in rap, pop, and EDM?"

"Correct." You handed the president of the board a disc with a song you had written and performed in front of your class. He listened to the track while simultaneously looking at every fine detail of your gpa and recent work.

"It's very good, but.... not good enough." Your head dropped and your hopes sank to the bottom of your stomach making you feel uneasy. "Don't look like that kid. We aren't saying that you can't go. We're looking for someone with potential that we can work with and build on, not someone who knows everything."

"So what exactly are you saying?"

"Pack your bags, (f/n) (l/n), because you're going to Seoul, South Korea!"

---------

"I'm going to miss you!" Julia wailed. Hastily, you managed to detach yourself from your clingy best friend and said goodbye to your family.

"See you on the holidays!" You waved farewell to them before going through security and making it to the proper gate. You sat down for about ten minutes before they called for the passengers to take their seats in both English and Korean.

You took your seat and settled in for the long flight to South Korea. About one hour into the flight boredom overtook you and you decided to pull out your laptop and headphones. You opened up the seperate files of your latest song and began to edit them.

After an hour or two of that you heard some loud noises from behind your seat and peered over to see two and a half rows of three seats filled with rowdy, but extremely good looking, boys. Each one had his hair died either an unnatural neon color or died at the roots with their natural color coming through at the ends.

"Can you people please calm down a little? I'm trying to get some work done." All of them, except for a bluehaired boy and another one with dimples, looked slightly confused.

"Sorry" Dimple boy apologized in a slight Korean accent. "They are not very good with english." He took a moment to translate it to the others. The bluehaired boy leaned against the chair and asked you what you were working on in a very rough version of english.

"If you must know I am editing one of my songs." All seven of them yelled the same thing in Korean which confused you until dimple boy translated again.

"We asked if we could hear it."

"No! Why would I let complete strangers listen to my song before it's done!" An offended look appeared on your face before you turned around and closed your laptop. The boy wearing a black beanie that sat in between dimple boy and bluehair guy hung on the back of your chair.

"I am V. Real name is Kim Taehyung. You are a pretty lady so we hear your song now?" A slight blush dusted your cheeks at the complement but you still refused them.

"Let's not be rude now. We should introduce ourselves. I am Rapmonster but you can call me Namjoon." Dimple said then pointed to V, aka Taehyung. "You already know V and that over there is Suga or Yoongi." he pointed at bluehair guy.

"That's Jin, on the left, Jimin, on the right, and J-hope, or Hoseok is his real name, in the middle." Rap Monster pointed at each of the guys in the row behind them. "And the one in the back is Jungkook, he's the youngest out of us."

"You don't have to tell everyone that I'm the makane !" Jungkook stuck his lip out and pouted a little.

"Well she would've asked at some point in time and we shouldn't lie to her. She seems cool." Suga commented.

"Hey!" Jungkook responded defensively.
While the boys conversed with each other you took your chance to get away from all the comotion and go to the bathroom for some peace and quiet.

Once you came out and sat down everything seemed to have calmed down. Suga was asleep as well as Jungkook who was in the back. Jin and J-hope were chatting and taking selfies with a distractedJimin in the background. Namjoon was busy writing things down in his notebook and V was messing with the zipper on his jacket. He noticed you were back and took advantage of being right behind you.

"What's your name? You got our names. We did not get yours." He asked with a rectangular smile.

"My name is (f/n) (l/n). It was nice to meet all of you." You returned V's smile with one of your own.

"Do you know how to speaku Korean?" He questioned.

"No, not really, but I should probably learn if I'm going to be living in Seol for three years."

"Oh! You going to live in Seol? Das where we live!" V motioned to the six other guys. "We teach you if you want."

"Maybe some other time, but thanks for the offer. I really appreciate it." V quickly pulled out a piece of paper and a pen.

"I give you my number in case you want to learn. Okay?" He scribbled out his number and real name on the paper and handed it to you. You took the paper and tucked it into your pocket.

"Taehyung, leave her alone for now. We don't want to bother anyone." V listened to Namjoon and sat down in his seat and for the rest of the flight they didn't bother you.

~(a/n)Sorry if the whole meet on an airplane thing seems overused but I'm gonna let my imagination carry me on.~