Chapter Two: Rekishiya O Mitsukemasu

The house was in turmoil. Everyone down to servants searching for their missing leader. Kazuki shook his head. He knew exactly where Seiho had wandered off to, seven nights ago, shadowing the youth, only due to the young youkai having that strange ability to vanish right before ones eyes. 'Slippery as a fish.' The guard reminded himself.

Seiho had locked himself in the scrolls room and had not been seen since. Except for the occasional glance in by Kazuki to make sure the little bugger didn't sneak off yet again. Now seven days later, the house was a bustle of movement. If he listened carefully, Kazuki could hear soft snoring from the other side of the door, so he knew there was no immediate threat. Truthfully, he had no idea what the young inu was searching for, but for the boy it must have been important enough to forgo any duties and training for those seven days.

Kazuki wasn'tsurprised to see Turari wander down the hall toward him, havingsniffed him out, so he leaned on his long weapon silently waiting.

"Have you seen him?" Turari asked a slight edge to his voice.

Kazuki raised a single brow.

Turari grit his teeth together. He knew the bodyguard was stubborn, but the silence lingered. "Well?"

Kazuki rolled his eyes in the direction of the door, not allowing any answer to pass his lips, then slid his eyes back to the adviser silently.

Turari glanced at the door. "And it didn't occur to you to inform anyone that you knew where he was? Everyone has been going crazy."

Kazuki stood up fully, towering over the much shorter adviser. "It is not my duty to inform you or anyone of anything. My duty is to him."

Turari snorted and shoved open the door. He blinked in the dim light and saw a sight he was not expecting. Seiho sat hunched over a small desk, cheek on a pile of scrolls, snoring softly. His hair was disheveled, and as Turari walked closer, he noticed a small tendril of drool pooling onto one of the many scrolls where the boy slept.

"You let him get to this state?" Turari demanded.

"As I said, my duty is to him. To ensure his safety, not to demand he rest, feed and bathe." Kazuki snarled.

Turari gave his own snarl in retaliation. "Hells, he is a boy with no sense. You were left to protect him, but also as his charge to ensure that he kept up with his lordly duties. That means, making sure he is fed, bathed and rested!" The challenge was not missed by Kazuki.

"That is your duty, adviser! You are his mind, and conscience until he can do his thinking on his own. Do not mistake me as a nursemaid!" His voice boomed. "My duty is with his protection against any and all enemies, yours is with his well being. You would do well to remember it." His fists gripped his weapon tightly, his knuckles turning stark white.

Turari blanched. He had over stepped and he swallowed slowly. Not many got away with speaking to Kazuki that way. He was of noble birth and presented to the house by his family to protect who his charge was, with his own life if necessary. Kazuki had been born for one reason, and one reason alone, to guard the child of the inu clan.

Turari noticed the scar on Kazuki's face flair up in color signaling his building uncontrollable anger, and without another thought, he slid the door shut quickly, before he found himself a puddle of goo on the scrolls room floor.

The energy on the other side of the door left him breathless, and he could almost swear Kazuki was preparing to crash through them. He waited silently for a few minutes ensuring that the guard had no intentions of entering, and then he allowed himself a slow exhale.