.:One:.

"Elizabeth Gillis? Is that you?" My aunt exclaimed as I clambered off the train in a most unladylike fashion. 

"Indeed Madam" I walked over to her and gave her a hug, after all, it was her hospitality that allowed me to stay here for the year. She picked up my plait and examined it, clearly sizing me up. 

"You have changed deary, for better or for worse - I do not know. Come, child, Ruby will be glad to have a friend." I followed her out of the station and straight to a horse and cart being driven by someone I do not recognise.

"Elizabeth, this is Frank. He is our farm boy. Frank, this is my brother-in-law's daughter Elizabeth." I nodded politely as he took my trunk and loaded it up. 

I looked around, Prince Edward Island was definitely a beautiful place. I had become so accustomed to the beauty of my home in Quebec that I had forgotten that such a rugged landscape exists. My aunt blabbered on throughout the entire journey to Avonlea - not that I heard much. But it was one piece of information that caught my attention.

"And tomorrow you shall start school. You will be in Ruby's year and you will find that they have been at the school for a few weeks already. I do hope you can catch up." School. I was not entirely ready to suddenly become the new girl. I bet that Ruby already had a group of friends so my cousin would be no help to me. 

After what seemed like days, bouncing around on the cart. We finally made it to my new home. It was a quaint farmhouse with a porch and a good sized paddock or two. There was honeysuckle growing up one side. It looked rather magical. 

"Eli!" A voice yelled, I turned and saw Ruby in the doorway. I ran up to hug her, it had been years since we had last met.

 "Ruby! How are you, I am ever so excited to be staying here." She smiled and ushered me into the house, taking me up to what I presumed would be my new room.  I had never been to my cousins house before and I was dying to explore it. 

"I hope you will be comfortable here! I can't -" Ruby started before her mother entered the room. 

"Come, Ruby, Elizabeth probably wants to settle in and sleep after the long journey. We will call you down for dinner." She said directing the last part to me. They left and closed the door - leaving me to my devices. I plonked on the bed with a huff, it was nothing like home here - but perhaps Avonlea should be given a chance.