Chapter 8

Astrid's P.O.V.

I walked into class and passed Heather, sitting next to Hiccup. Heather suddenly snickers before saying, "Cutting it kinda close, eh...Stormfly?" My heart lurches and my legs almost give way from the overwhelming wave of grief that that name brought to me. I sigh back the tears that were welling in my eyes. I turn my head towards her the slightest bit. 

"That's cruel," I say simply before going to my seat in the back of the classroom and sitting in the dimmest corner. I could feel Hiccup's gaze follow me as I walked but didn't acknowledge him in the slightest. His gaze was washing my back in curiosity and determination. What's he planning? I ask myself in despair as I sit and flip my hood off.

Heather's P.O.V.

I hold back a giggle at the misery in Astrid's voice. That's never gonna get old but I need to show Hiccup what she can do; I can feel him falling for her. I raise a single hand and the girls follow my lead and signal. The teacher sighs with a roll of his eyes before noding. We stand up and go to the bathroom. "Guys, I want you all to call Astrid Stormfly from now on until I say stop," I tell them before they exchange uneasy glances.

"Don't you think that's a little mean?" Calica asks.

"That's the life of a loner," I tell her simply.

"But you know the memories that name brings," Clicker says.

"Hiccup is falling for her. He's not supposed to do that! No one is!" I snap.

"Boys want what they can't have. She's so hard to get that every boy in the school is after her. And Hiccups always been curious. And he knows almost nothing about the new her," Ruffnut says.

"Every boy in the school is supposed to be after me! Everyone's supposed to hate her! Call her Stormfly. She'll show her ruthless side soon enough," I order and storm back to class.

Study hall

Astrid's P.O.V.

I slammed my locker shut and kicked it with my real foot. My math teacher just said that my grade dropped a letter and so I have to get a tutor. Just because it went from an A to an -A. Well, no way was I getting a tutor. I'm gonna say I did then ace my next two tests and get my grade back. I'm. Not. Getting. A tutor! I storm to the commons before slamming my books down on my table. I slip my headphones on and play Immortals as I pull out my History. After that I start to get kinda bored so I ask the study hall adviser to be excused. She sees that my works done and agrees. I walk past Hiccup and he wolf-whistles and I stick my tongue out at him. There was a teacher in the room and I couldn't hide flipping him off like I could a tongue. I hear him chuckle as I leave to my locker. I put my books away and put my story binder in my bag before going to the gym. I put my bag on the bleachers before going to the locker room and changing into my gym shirt and back up sweat pants. I go to my dads office and grab his key to the weight room. I walk out of the short hall way and walk down the long side of the gym. I don't get more than two steps before I notice someone standing in front of the entrance to the hall. I look up from studying the key and jump into the wall, at my side, in surprise. Hiccup stood there with crossed arms. "Is that Coaches key?" he asks, pointing at the piece of metal in my hand. I stuff it into my pocket and slowly turn my body to face him, crossing my arms and pressing my back to the wall.

"He gave me permission to use it when ever I like," I tell him which wasn't an entre lie but not the entire truth.

"What are you gonna do with it?" he asks.

"I'm on my way to the weight room, gotta problem with it?" I ask, kinda snippy.

"No, no. I'm just wondering," he says with a shrug.

"Just let them know that I'll be armed and I already have a short fuse today," I tell him before marching the rest of the length of the gym and throwing the door open. I walk into the weight room, next door after unlocking it. I turn the lights on and smile as I gaze around my sanctuary. I go to the sink where the first-aid kit is and open the cabinet before pulling out my speaker. I hook it up to my phone and play my playlist. I then hop on the tread-mill, cringing when my "leg" squeaks a little. I start running as the music plays, not noticing when a certain annoying auburn haired boy look in the window. Only when he walks through the door in his own gym clothes do I turn the tread-mill off and jump away from him. As he smirks, my eyes dart around, looking for the girls and other bad boys.

"Mind if I join you?" He asks as I turn off the music.

"Where's your gang huh?" I ask, suddenly uncharacteristically scared and jumpy.

"Well, I assume Heather's making out with someone in the bathroom, Clicker and Calica are probably pranking someone, the twins are most likely blowing something up, with chemicals from the science lab, in the library, Eret was studying when I left, and Snotlout and Dagger are fighting some wimpy nerd while the rest of the girls cheer," he says, counting on his fingers.

"And you saw me coming, and knowing you and how much you like to annoy, you think 'hey that'd be fun! Let me try to get some a that!'," I say and he just laughs before walking towards me. I clutch my phone as he slowly forces me to the wall, smirking his stupid head off. I put my phone in my pocket, afraid he might try to take it to take away my means of calling for help. (Did that make sense?) My heart quickens, to about 60mph, as he slowly reaches inside my pocket and grabs my wrist. I try to keep myself from shaking as he pulls my hand out, my muscles so tense that they forget to release my cell. He then taps the screen and my music starts in the middle of a song by Salina Gomez. 

"You got the kinda love that I want, let me get that..."

My eyes widen at the lyric, as Hiccup's eyes shine in laughter. I quickly wipe to the next song, Hey Brother, which started kinda quiet. "So, I got that kinda love that you want?" Hiccup asks, during the beginning. My fear is then replaced with rage. I shove past him and put my phone on the counter next to the speaker before going to a machine used to strengthen your legs. I pull the little rod out of a weight and put in the one that marks 60lbs. I start to lift them and Hiccup starts to let out soft grunts. I look in his direction to see him doing pull ups at a speed that's very close to my own. I shake my head to clear it and continue to lift the weights.