Chapter 7.2

"Where did you go after the show? After the fans cleared I went to look for you” Luke pouts from the couch across from me in the recording studio. The other boys left to grab a snack and they probably won’t be back for another hour because of the new “hot lunch lady” working in the studio cafeteria.

“I left right after the fans cut me off. I didn’t wanna bother you, you looked pretty occupied” I shrug, hiding my sadness with the best smile I could muster.

“You could never bother me, Tay. You’re worth 1,000 fans” Luke says, sending butterflies to my stomach and heat to my cheeks

“I really liked the new song you wrote” I change the subject, unaware of how to carry the previous one

“It was about you, you know that right?” Luke asks, getting up and sitting down beside me. I turn my head away from his gaze and stare at my hands, playing with my fingers

“I know” I reply. Luke places a hand on my cheek and turns my head

“Do you know that I still love you?” he whispers, his nose touching mine

“I do” and then he kisses me. Luke’s other hand cups my other cheek and I place my hands on the nape of his neck. I feel his body stiffen, probably because he’s shocked I kissed him back. He leans into me, pushing us so he’s hovering over me on the couch. Our bodies collide into each other, causing Luke to moan against my lips. I run my fingers through Luke’s hair, tugging and grabbing the ends of his hair.

“Christ, Tay. I missed you so much” Luke mumbles into my ear, kissing his way to my neck. He nips at the skin under my ear, causing me to dig my nails into his shoulders and arc my back.

“YES!” a voice not belonging to Luke or me yells. Luke and I break away from each other instantly, looking for the source of the voice. Calum, Michael and Ashton stand in the doorway, Ashton holding his phone at us.

“Are you filming this?” Luke yells, throwing a bunch of pens at Ashton from the coffee table. Ashton simply giggles and taps away at his phone. A second later all of our phones buzz, signaling a tweet from the 5sos band account. The tweet says to immediately look at the band instagram account, so I do. There’s a video that was posted a minute ago and before I click it I know what it is. The video plays, and it’s exactly what I predicted: Luke and I making out on the couch and getting interrupted by Calum yelling and Luke throwing pens at Ashton. The caption says “FINALLY!!!! #tuke”

“Ever heard of invasion of privacy you asshole?” I snap, trying to stay mad but I can’t be mad after what happened. Ashton winks at me and I laugh and throw more pens at him

“Enough with the pens you two!” Ashton picks up the pens from the ground and places them back on the coffee table

“Anyway,” Calum pipes in, “What’s going on here?”

“Rekindling the romance!” Michael yelps, “We’ll give you some more time to talk while we watch the hot new lunch lady go to the gym”

Calum, Michael and Ashton run out of the recording studio to go on with their pervy ways. Luke and I fall silent, both of us feeling awkward.