I've Got You

The smell of blood wafted through the air along with diesel and cologne. My head was aching and I tried to remember what happened last. My eyelashes fluttered open and the room was dark. I remembered a half a dozen Hydra soldiers attacking me at the Avengers Compound and carrying me off. It would seem a mole had leaked some new formula that Bruce and I were working on. They probably thought it was easier to take me versus  The Hulk, sadly I don't have the same intimidating effect when I'm angry. When I was just about out of the building Bucky came running down the hall and singlehandedly disarmed all of the men. In the chaos I was still wounded badly, I remember all of the blood. I can't remember ever seeing so much of it.  A knife cut down my side and I blacked out and that's that last thing that I can remember. My hand instinctively went to it and I winced at the pain but found comfort when I felt the stitches which were a good sign. 

"Ahhh!" I leaned on my side. Something came at me across the dark room swiftly and I put up my hands in defense. I saw a flash of hurt across a familiar face. "Holy shit Bucky! You scared the piss out of me." He didn't even throw me a signature smirk. It was going to be a long night. 

"It's ok Y/N. I won't let them hurt you ....again." I could hear the regret in his voice. Over this past year, we have become close and he's let his wall down. He and I have become close and he's protective of me. He's going to add this chapter to his book of burdens as I call them. The journals. I know a lot of them are good memories that he doesn't want to lose but he has some that are things that he doesn't feel like he deserves to forget. This will be one of them. 

My hand went to his face and he leaned into it. The forever stubble that I love tickling my hand.  "I'm OK, James." I only said his given name when I really wanted to reach him. Or if we are having an intimate moment. Which to my dismay isn't very often. Wanda says that I will have to make the first move but falling into the virgin category doesn't make me very versed on the subject. 

  "Try not to move too much. Bruce stitched you up and Tony put us up in a safe house off the grid while they go after them." Up close, even in the dark, I could see the anger roll off of him and his jaw clenching tight. I went to comfort him and to try and get him to relax and instead he tensed and stood up and walked away. I knew he hated being inactive and wanted to fight the bastards but at the same time, he was acting like a child. 

He stood at the end of the bed looking like a predator, like Winter vs my Bucky. I need to bring him back but I was just so tired and I knew I had lost so much blood. For the first time in forever, I just didn't feel like being the one that was giving. I mean I almost died and for what. Not for something noble. Not to save an innocent, not on a mission, I didn't save a loved one, didn't save a teammate, or Bucky. But because some asshole who wants to destroy the world wants me to build something because I have a formula he wants. Fuck this. 

 I looked around the room trying to gauge my surroundings and shake off his mood and mine for that matter. There was a bed, nightstand, chair, and bathroom and that was the extent that I could see in the dark. 

 "Are we the only ones here? Where are the others?"     We made eye contact across the room and it didn't calm me

 "Are we the only ones here? Where are the others?"     We made eye contact across the room and it didn't calm me. I felt the tears ready to bubble up which just made me angrier.  "It's just us. They needed as many as they could get to go against Hydra and someone had to stay with you. " I could see the bloodlust in his eyes and he seemed angry. To hell with that though. To hell with him. I don't need him as a babysitter and if he was so inconvenienced by watching me he could join the others.  

I swung my legs over the bed ignoring the pain and stood up. He growled and started walking towards me and I bypassed him and continued towards the bathroom. 

"Stubborn woman! I said you need rest!" He grabbed my arm with his metal hand allowing more force than he meant and I snatched it back. He looked like I slapped him across his face. 

Our relationship to this point has never escalated beyond kindness and understanding. I've always been his shoulder and he's always held my heart. Whether he has known it or not. But tonight something new has come through. I know I'm not experienced with relationships but part of me wants to punch him and the other part wants to climb his body and run my fingers through his mussed sweaty hair and claim what's mine.  Although who would dare say that they Bucky Barnes was every theirs. 

"Y/N. What the hell has gotten into you?" There was something in his eye and I couldn't look away, yet I was still angry with him. " If you don't want to be here Barnes why  didn't you just ask Wanda or Pietro to stay with me?" He shook his head and looked at the ground. " Would you rather have Pietro here instead of me?" I took a few more steps to the bathroom and grabbed the door. "He'd be the better company. At least he would look at me with a little less contempt." Before I slammed the door Bucky had time to yell, "That's because he wants to fuck you."  Then just the fall of his boots as he stormed off to do a perimeter check, no doubt. 

I cried in the shower until the water ran cold. 

Okay, so this is my first. Please feel free to make suggestions and I will try to incorporate them in.