Hearts of Murderers [Kaeru x Akane]

Kaeru Hatake, a 23 years old silver-haired jōnin, was, to say at least, dangerous. He understood that fact completely, knowing his past, and for that same reason, always keep his guards up even around his friends.

His job as a sensei is done, and with that in mind, he returned back to Anbu, doing solo missions like what he did in his past. Just like now.

The man was walking through the thick forest, preparing himself to meet the rouge-nins he had to kill. A group of them, actually. However, his advanced senses caught something strange, and he stopped.

Blood, the smell of blood. Metals clashing, yells, the sound of people fighting. Then the bloodlust, so intense that it's almost choking.

But not for him. A smirk made its way onto Kaeru's face, as his hand reached out for his tantō. He pulled down the hood of his cloak, and took off running.

'Still far away', he noted, 'Not yet close and it's getting dark.'

A scream interrupted his thoughts, and he stopped immediately. A painful scream, coming from a girl. Those criminals took a hostage? Now that pisses him off.

Spinning the tantō in his hand, he ran faster. No one deserves to be in pain like that. He knows how it feels, he understood that really well.

But when he reached the battlefield, he was stunned. The only girl there wasn't the victim. She was the culprit instead.

Holding a large sword in hand, she smiling at the corpses around her, licking the blood off her fingers. As she spotted him, her smile turned into a wide proud grin, while she lifted her sword up, leaning it on her shoulder.

"Hello, newcomer! Konoha shinobi? How can I help you?"

Kaeru lowered his weapons. "Before that... who are these?" He asked back, referring to the dead body around her. The girl giggled.

"An organization called the what-Ripper or whatsoever. There, some of them are still, unfortunately, alive. You can just ask them."

Kaeru shook his head slightly, chuckling at the girl. "To your luck, my task is to eliminate them. Mind if I help you?"

"Hell yes, I do mind," the girl snapped, "They're my prey. Not yours."

"Oh, come on," Kaeru whined, his psychotic side began to kick in, "I want to get some points too. Can't you share some with me?"

Before the girl could reply, another bunch of rouge-nins had arrived at the scene.

"Reinforcements?" Kaeru muttered, a little spark of hope flickered in his eyes. More people, more enemies, more fights. "So?"

The girl huffed, moving to her stance as she prepared her sword. "Alright. We both can start from zero here, what about that? Let's see who can get more."

Kaeru grinned and tightened his grip around his tantō. "Is that a challenge?"

The said girl nodded, smirking.

He chuckled, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"You're definitely losing."

| × | * | × | * | × |

Kaeru slammed his tantō down, stabbing through the man's chest before he pulled out the blade and kicked the body away. He sneaked a glance at the girl, trying to make sure she was fine.

Well, she was enjoying the fight, it seems.

"Did you just try to-..." her gaze sharpened, "How dare you?! I'll cut you to pieces!"