Chapter Four

‡Chapter four‡

-Thors Pov-

I turned to find my brother standing behind me. He was lanky and seemed a bit paler than when I last saw him.

"L-Loki, what're you doing here?" I asked with chattering teeth.

He sat beside me, remaining silent, and leaning his head my shoulder. The cold didn't seem to bother him. We stayed silent for a while, and I kept moving to keep warm.

"Loki, f-father will have men, s-searching for you." I told him.

"Those men don't even know simple mathematics, let alone how to find me. " he sighed.

I looked around and bit my lip, unsure of what to do. The tension was unbearable.

"Thor?" Loki said with anxiousness on his lips. I turned to stare at him, gazing into his green eyes. I'd never seen him seem so at ease... so upset.

"Yes Loki?" I said quietly.

He looked at me and I saw the corner of his mouth twitch ever so slightly. He took a deep breath and spoke quietly.

"Thor, I have been thinking."

"About what brother?"

"You." He replied. There was a hitch in his voice that I could only recognize from times when we were kids. He seemed uncertain of his statement, and the atmosphere became quiet once more. I couldn't bear to see my brother so upset, so unsure, so..... needy. He needed to know that he wasn't hated and unwanted. Even if it was one person saying it.

"Loki..." I blurted out. He looked at me with raised eyebrows and I continued.

"I-ive been thinking of you t-too."

His eyes fluttered for a moment and he smiled softly.

We stayed silent for a while, staring into the frozen lake below. Loki shifted his weight so that he was closer to me, and I rested my chin on top of his raven hair. I slowly ran my fingers through his hair, slightly tugging on it. He grasped my arm, pulling it away from his head and I mumbled a solemn "sorry."

We heard the sound of approaching hooves and men talking loudly. I heard my name echo through the woods and I quickly stood up, pulling Loki with me.

"Loki! We must leave. They're looking for us. And they're too close. We can't risk it. " I said urgently. He nodded and grabbed my hand suddenly.

"I know where we must go." He said, quickly leading me farther into the woods. Weran far enough so that the men wouldn't find us, and we took residence in a cave that Loki had found.

"Loki?" I said with reassurance in my voice.

"Yes Thor?

"When you said you'd been thinking of me... what exactly were you thinking?" I asked.

He slid down against the wall, and turned so he was staring off into my eyes once more.

"I had been thinking that, all of our times spent together made us stronger, but as we got older, we grew apart. I stuck with my literature and education, as you remained social and brawny. I always looked up to you. You were the thing I wanted to be." He explained.

"And what were you thinking of me for brother?" He asked.

I ran my fingers through my hair and looked down, biting my lip.

"I was just thinking. That.... I love you. And not as a brother. As a lover." I said quivering. He looked as if he were going to cry and he simply responded with,

"Oh Thor, I've always felt that way with you."

He grabbed the back of my neck, pulling me closer and kissed me passionatley on the lips. I melted into the kiss, wrapping my arms behind his back. And we stayed there for a while, enclosed in each others arms.