Chapter Ten

The evening is coming to a close and Roni did everything in her power to try and brighten Emma's dampened mood from the encounter with Weaver and Victoria. Emma peers up at the wooden tree stump that poses as a clock hanging on the wall, another Robin related item that causes even more damage to her sour mood. One fifteen a.m.

The front door bursts open, sending in a gust of wind with Henry in tow. Emma wraps her arms protectively over her body as the cold night air stings her bare arms. Sure these tiny tank tops are sexy, but that doesn't help her on bitter nights like this one, well...maybe they help with her tips.

"Hey Emma. How are you?" Henry questions, his voice thick with concern.

"Hey kid, I'm alright. Why do you ask?"

Henry's long legs squeeze between the bar and the stool as he slides onto the leather seat in front of her. He shifts a few times, attempting to make himself more comfortable on the seat from his awkwardly long legs.

"Oh, I spoke with Jacinda earlier. She told me you had a run in with her stepmother. Something about Lucy."

"Mmmhmm," Emma hums as she sets a coaster down in front of him. "What would you like?"

"Uh, just a water tonight. I've been writing all day, I think I'm going crosseyed from staring at the screen for so long. I just needed a change of scenery," he explains, swelling Emma's heart with nothing, but pride for her son.

He's writing again and somehow she feels responsible for that.

"One glass of water coming up," she chirps, smiling like an idiot while she fills a chilled glass of ice and water for her son.

He smiles back at her when she places his order down in front of him and her heart aches to share the bond she once had with her son.

What I wouldn't give for one of Henry's famous hugs...

"I don't understand why Victoria holds such a grudge against you? You just got here." Emma shrugs her shoulders in response and begins methodically wiping down the counter like Victoria doesn't bother her the least bit. "Then again...I wonder why she hates me so much? I never did anything to her."

"Maybe she read Lucy's book? Maybe she feels threatened that Lucy believes we are these characters. So therefore, Lucy connects with us better than she ever could with Victoria. That poses a threat. Lucy's love could be taken away." Henry studies the blonde bartender intently and for a brief second and Emma swears he can feel a connection between them. He doesn't say a word though, he remains silent as he stares at her, like he is trying to figure out where he has seen this crazy lady before. So, Emma offers him a weak smile, feeling anxious under his long gaze and says, "or maybe she's bat shit crazy."

They both share a good hard laugh at that just as Roni saunters up to them from the back of the bar.

"Who's bat shit crazy?" She asks through the cheerful laughter.

"Victoria," Emma simply states while Roni leans forward, gently pressing her plump lips to the blonde's cheek.

The savior's entire body breaks out into a panicked sweat. Her cheeks flush crimson as her eyes quickly avert to anywhere in the room where her son isn't. It's so weird to show any affection in public with Regina, but now in front of their son...well, this is even more complicated.

"Well that's new," Henry's deep chuckle echoes through the bar as he smiles happily at both of them.

"Very new, I trust you won't go writing about it," Roni playfully threatens as she narrows her eyes at her son.