Chapter 5

Dedicated To 1_Procrastinator_1 and FUSHIAXII

"Fu Lang Majesty" Yu Kai bowed "this servant wishes to say congratulations". Following her actions, all other servants bowed  too.

" Rise all of you" Xu Wei laughed "we are all still same people" they rose with a smile. Their mistress was a kind one and never mistreated them even though they were lowly servants.

"Fu Lang Majesty, this is a list of all things people have sent to Yi Nin palace" Yu Kai handed her a paper which she scanned through.

Rare and valuable things were sent from all over prestigious families seeking to be in her good side. "Yu Kai" she frowned "Why has nothing come from Zi Shen palace?"

Yu Kai was silent, she did not know what to say. She also was at loss on how to report what the spy there told her.

"Empress Majesty is not is not in good health, the heart is unwell. Perhaps that is why nothing has come from there. Servant only knows this much"

Xu Wei sighed "Imperial mother is unwell and Highness is still here." She stood "Highness is afraid that people will say Highness is unfilial." She let her servant girls help her change into a bright red dress and even put on a brighter headdress. "Let us go to Zi Shen palace and wish good health on imperial mother."

Yu Kai felt lucky to be serving such a mistress. She still called herself Highness and not Majesty as she could. She sighed lowly, remembering the drama that would surely unfold in Zi Shen palace.

"Didn't expect to see Sister here. Which means my day will be favorable" Crown Prince Xu Li called out and Wei stopped to wait for him.

"Fu Lang Majesty" he bowed when he reached her. "Brother being this way makes Wei really unable to look brother in the eye." She stopped him and held her hands together  "Brother do not be so courteous or Wei will be sad"

Her eyes did get filled with tears as if she would spill them any second. Xu Li felt his heart instantly tighten and quickly averted his eyes thinking how he had almost lost it.

"Wei is still notorious" he lightly pinched her cheeks "still playing tricks on me" Xu Wei laughed. She knew how to manipulate a person with just her look, adding a simple twist of her emotions to it and sometimes, even her brother was not spared.

"Where are you headed to?" He looked at the bright sky "I was also feeling stuffed in the study and stepped out for a breath of fresh air. Perhaps taking a break will be nice"

"In response to Highness's question, Fu Lang Princess wants to pay a visit to Zi Shen palace" Yu Kai answered and Xu Li scowled.

He was a bit older when Zi an got to the empress's position so he was rather on a bad page with her, only playing formalities in front of the others.

"I would really like it if brother comes along" as if sensing his discomfort, Xu Wei spoke and he smiled, the clouds on his face disappearing as if they had never been there.

"Of course. Imperial Mother will be happy to see us two" he led the way and the servants walked a few paces behind them.

"Announcing Crown Prince Highness and Fu Lang Majesty"

The servants outside announced and opened the door to let them in.

Empress Zi an was seated, her face pale and free from make up. She was wearing a light blue dress and truly lived up to the tale of being sick.

Xu Wei swept her eyes once around the room and the corners of her lips rose slightly.

"Daughter heard Imperial mother was ill" She sat close to her and took her hand. "Daughter could not get any peace of mind and had to quickly come check on imperial mother"
She did not bow like the Crown Prince did and this made the empress frown slightly.