Dear Jungkook [Jimin's side]

Dear beautiful stranger, you made me understand that silly thing people believe in, 'Love at first sight'.

I first saw you after an afternoon class one day, your frame slouched against a white wall beside a row of blue lockers. I was sweaty from a dance routine I'd just managed to perfect, the bangs hanging across my forehead damp against my skin. Your eyes were closed, head leaned back against the wall behind you, arms crossing your chest. When I think back to that moment, the first time my eyes fell upon your face, I remember how fast you took my breath away. Dancing for hours without a break could never make my heart race as fast as it did when I caught your eye in that narrow hallway. You looked at me with half lidded eyes, tired it seemed. I smiled at you, a reflex I excused it to be, but now I know that it was only because you looked so beautiful. An angel in my presence.

I almost tripped on my feet when you had looked away from me. You didn't return my smile. My heart sank down into the empty pit of my stomach. It rumbled for me to eat, but suddenly I didn't feel like eating anymore.

Dear beautiful stranger, I became obsessed with you.

I'll admit, I could have been arrested for stalking you. It was that bad. I watched you close enough to learn your class schedule and I made sure to find you after every one. I discovered your name, that was all too simple. I looked at you from a distance, close enough to see you, far enough away so that you would never see me. You amazed me. I studied every aspect of your physic until it started to feel like I really knew you, but I didn't know you. I was only another stranger passing by in the hallway, but I hoped that it would stay that way. I didn't want you to catch my eyes always on you. I didn't want you to see me, because I didn't want to ever witness your indifference of my presence ever again.

The only time that you looked at me, our only encounter of eye contact, was enough ache my heart could handle. The way that you had looked straight through me broke me in more ways than I could ever care to explain to you.

Dear Jungkook, I wanted to know you.

I wanted to know who you were, inside of that gorgeous exterior. Were you really as beautiful a person underneath that crinkled eye smile that only your close friends were able to receive? I needed to know. I stayed behind in lesson one afternoon, waiting for the other students to shuffle through the door before I initiated my plan. It was the only class I knew that we shared, although we didn't attend it at the same time of day. That was something I was only sometimes grateful for, a time as such when your presence would ruin my chances of finding your phone number in the teachers carelessly placed student files. It was easier to find you than I planned for. I smiled at your name and took down your number in my phone before rushing from the classroom. I'd succeeded. I was proud.

I didn't know what to say to you, because you didn't know who I was.

I was scared.

Dear Jungkook, you were so curious, you were so kind.

You were patient with me, throughout my questionable antics and the way that I dodged your every inquiry. You didn't ask me more than I made clear I was willing to answer, not after I made it obvious that I wouldn't. I was afraid that you wouldn't want me to come back to you, but every time that I stopped texting, every time that I finally responded again I was met only with a forgiveness I didn't deserve. I couldn't understand why you wouldn't give up on me, but it was so hard to stay away from you. It was impossible not to think of you every waking moment of every day. I dreamed of you at night. There was no escaping the thought of you, and it was killing me, stealing the life from my bones not to talk to you. I always fell back into your waiting grasp, texting you as infrequently as my heart could stand. I started this, the pain I felt when we spoke was all my fault.