Dear Jimin/Dear Jungkook

Dear Jimin, we're happy now, aren't we?

I love you. You say it back with pink lips extended upwards reaching for your ears and my heart soars. I say it everyday because I mean it and I don't ever want you to forget that this is who we are and who we were meant to be, a couple of fools in love. That feels like happiness and I don't want it to ever change. I thought of this kind of life with you for so long and when I'm holding you, I'm holding all of my hopes and dreams and they take flight between my fingertips. Your hands were made for mine.

Dear Jimin, I thought you looked pretty.

You told me once, that story of yours. Your first impression of me. I hate that story and the heartache a misjudgment caused you, but it was my own fault after all. I never felt indifference towards you, rather the opposite. I don't react the same way a person with better confidence might, instead I ignored you because it was easier than getting shot down if I smiled back. Stupid, yeah I am. But, baby you've always been gorgeous to me. I wish I could go back sometimes just to make eye contact within that tiny moment, to smile at you with your messy damp hair framing your full cheeks so perfectly. I'd do anything to save you from the feeling I gave you, the hurt you let settle in.

It's in the past, that pain. It's gone, baby, isn't it?

Dear Jimin, it hurts sometimes.

Everything is beautiful or everything is wrong. There isn't an in between when emotions are always running high and we can't seem to find our balance, because balance doesn't seem to exist. I miss you when you're gone and you're upset when I'm possessive and I get it, baby. I do, but I found you and it's hard to let you go. Don't you understand how it feels to wait, to beg, to not know? Everything is happening so fast and I could lose you, that's all I know. That's everything that I know and it's killing me. I love you and it's killing me.

It feels like hell when you feel guilty, but it hurts more when you're angry.

Dear Jimin, you're perfect.

I don't care about anything else. You tell me that I should care, but I don't. You like it that I don't, I can tell, but you wish you had better self control. Maybe it messed me up, how we got here, because all that I can see is you. I'm making you crazy, but I think we're going to make it. Its easier when you tell me you're going to see your friends. It's easier to watch you go when you're walking down the hallway to your next class. You turn around to smile at me every single time and I smile back, because I'll never make that mistake again. You can count on that, baby.

My heart aches when you're not next to me still, but I know I'll see you again. That has to count for something, a little progress. Maybe balance isn't impossible for us.

Dear Jimin, sometimes I think I understand why you didn't want me to know who you were.

Just thinking like that makes me feel guilty, but you drive me crazy. I wish we could find a middle ground, but you press every one of my buttons down when we argue and you know exactly where to hit me so it hurts. "I wish you never found me. You never leave me alone." It hurts so much. Here, I thought I was helping. I thought I was being good to you, being attentive, helping you see that you're worth every bit of my time and that I love you. My heart breaks and you see it because I let you, because maybe you deserve to feel guilty this time. I guess I misjudged you. You don't need to feel wanted, needed, pursued or reassured. I'm not perfect for you and I really thought that I was. I thought that overstepping boundaries and personal space was simply the kind of person I needed to be, for you. It was so easy because I love you, because being next to you always made me feel whole. You're my safe place and the keeper of my heart, but we aren't perfect for each other. Imbalance. Misjudgments. Our kryptonite.