Knives and Thanks

Talaluna's POV:

"As dauntless, we fight to protect every life in the fence, without fail. That's why we train you the way we do. To teach you not to give up. And to find out who has what it takes." Four tells us as we get off the train. "Even though it's been quiet out there for years, that could change at any moment. So we have to be ready for everything." Four takes us up on the wall.
"Do you think there are anyone like me out there, or any wolfs?" I ask my friends.
"I don't know. What is out there?" Tris asks.
"Monsters." Chris jokes.
"Seriously." I chuckle looking over at Chris.
"Amity farms." Will answers.
"No shit Sherlock, like we can't see those." I comment sarcastically making the other laugh again.
"Yeah I know but beyond that?" Tris said.
"Places that never recovered from the war." Will answered.
"Do you know?" Tris asked four.
"Let's just say they built the fence for a reason." Was all he gave us. When we got back to the pit we started practicing knife throwing, my specialty. And it seems that I was they only person who was getting a bullseye every time. Well, except for Tris. She always liked watching me throw knives, always thought it was cool. So I guess she picked up some tricks and techniques while watching me.
"Your kinda good at this." Chris said to us.
"Well I do train every day from the time I could stand." I told her.
"Well that was pathetic" Eric said from behind Will who had just thrown a knife but it hit the floor instead of the target.
"Well we're sorry, Eric. But not all of us have even picked up a throwing knife before." I snapped at him. Let's just say that I am grade A pissed at him for what he did to Chris yesterday. He had to go to the infirmary to get wounds from my claws patched up, he had to get stitches which he deserved. And I haven't even given him a piece of my mind yet.
"It slipped" Will gave him an excuse.
"Well go get it."
"Wh-while they're throwing?" Will looked at the knife then back at Eric.
"Are you afraid?"
"Oh Jesus Christ." I jumped over the tables and went to go grab the knife, handing back to Will as he answered Eric. "Of getting stabbed by an airborne knife, yeah. Thanks Tala."
"Everybody stop! Did I tell you to get it for him?" Erin turned on me.
"No, do I care what you said? No." I sassed.
"Stand in front of the target." He told both me and Will. And we did as he said.
"Four give me a hand. Your gonna stand there, while we throw these knives. And if you flinch, your out. One thing you will learn here is that orders are not optional." Eric took me and four took Will.
"Um, you didn't give me an order." I'm doing everything in my power that while he's my instructor, it'll be hell for him. He didn't say anything and just sighed.
"Stop" Tris called as they were about to throw. "Anyone can stand in front of a target, it doesn't prove anything."
"Then it'll be easy for you to take one of their places." I barely gestured for her to take Wills place as I knew she could tough it out were she knows I'll be fine. She nodded at me in understanding.

Eric's POV:
I'm an idiot. I should have thought this through before making the initiate hang from the bridge over the cavern. She's Tala's friend and she's extremely protective over her friends. I saw that when she beat up the last jumper initiate, and I've even got a trophy of my own across my left check where I now have stitches, but I deserved it. Now all Tala does is growl and snap at me. I was gaining her trust but it all went down the cavern. I'll probably never get her trust back now. And now look what I'm doing. I silently pray for her to take Tala's place but she took the boys and i had a feeling Tala told her to.
"Same rules apply." I glared at her and I heard Tala growl lowly when I glared.
"Hey Tris, for the strength of the pack is the wolf," Tala started while showing her arm tattoo to her friend, "and the strength of the wolf is the pack." They finished together.
"You clip my ears Eric and I swear to the moon goddess and hwlyn I'll kill you in your sleep." Tala threatens. She leaves her ears and tail out a lot more then she did when she got here about a week ago. I sighed silently again. I threw the first knife it landed near her hip. The next one, closer to her shoulder.
"Why don't we give em a little trim off the top." I threw then next one in between her ears.
"I wasn't kidding Eric." Tala said glaring at me. The next one is really close to her neck, just nicking it. Which I knew I'd probably regret later. All she did was stand there and glare at me.
"Points for bravery stiffs. But not as many as you just lost for opening your mouth. You watch yourself, we train soldiers not Rebels." The first part was pointed to both of them, the rest to the stiff girl Tala's friends with. "All right were done, everybody get out."

Tala's POV:
I felt it Knick me but ignored it and kept on glaring at Eric. We all started to leave when I smelt blood, and it wasn't my own. My head snapped to Tris who was walking away.
"You alright?" Four directed at Tris.
"You cut me." I silently growled.
"I meant to." I growled even more but this time more audible.
"You meant to?"
"You think he was gonna let you off with out a scratch? You're still be standing there if I hadn't hit you" my growling ceased when I realized he was right.
"So am I supposed to thank you?"
"Your supposed to be smart. If I wanted to hurt you, I would have." I followed after four as he walked away from her.
"(Clears throat) hey, um, thanks for uh, you know, lookin out for her. Um, yeah." I told him.
"Thanking people isn't your strong suit is it?" He teased with a smile.
"Well excuse you, sir. I've never had to thank anybody before really. The only one who's ever protected and been there for Tris and I is me. So excuse me if I'm not all that great at it." I defended but couldn't help but smile back.
"Well your welcome. And I heard what you did to Eric. Nice job by the way." We chuckled.
"Yeah. Maybe now he and everyone else will see that i really don't play.... You know, your actually pretty cool, when your not around the other initiates and being a prick." I told him.
"I'm not sure weather to take that as a compliment or and insult." He looked a bit intrigued.
"That's ok, neither do I." We laughed.
"Well, I'll see ya around."
"See ya." I heard him reply and I turned and ran to catch up with Tris.
"Hey."
"Hey... So what's up with you and Eric? It's like there's some kind of fude between you but it's only one sided, and surprisingly out of the two of you, its you." Tris asked after a moment of silence.
"Oh nothing. He started following me around like a lost pup and wouldn't leave me alone. We started talking a little and then he went and did that to Chris, so..." I trailed off.
"Oh I see."
"See what?"
"Eric likes you and you were starting to have a thing for him back but then he went and did that to Chris and now your pissed."
"What? Oh come on, I do not have a thing for Eric."
"Ok, whatever makes you feel better."
"Whatever."