Just the Beginning

Talaluna's POV:

"You good? Let's go" Tris said and lead the way. We saw a guard so I let Tris take this one. She kicked the gun out of his hands and when he turned around it was Peter.
"Against the wall" she ordered him when he put his hands up in surrender.
"Against the wall" she shoved him over. "How are you awake?"
"Cause I'm smarter than you, and they need me."
"Where are they controlling it from?"
"Why would I tell you that, it's not like your gonna shoot me."
"Why do people keep saying that?" She shot him in the side.
"Did you really need to shoot him?" Markus asked when we came around the corner.
"Every minute we waste, another abnegation dies and another dauntless becomes a murderer. Peter let's go." I defended her while glaring at him. When Tris told me everything, she told me everything, so I know what he did to Four. Peter lead the way until he looked around a corner to where a door was guarded.
"That's it isn't it?" Tris asked him.
"Yeah" Peter nodded.
"I saw Jeanine go in there, that's where she's controlling it from." Tris said. Andrew looked around the corner and took a gun from Tris.
"Like you said. There's no second to waste." He told me and Tris quietly. He then just walked around the corner and started shooting them and we followed after him. I looked around and saw Caleb kneeling next to Andrews body. I tapped Tris and nod my head to where he was.
"Watch Caleb, I'm going in there." Tris told the others, her voice cracking. I followed her through the door, down the hall and looked around the corner with her to see bunch of erudite and equipment. We turned around and saw Four hooked up to this machine. We walked over quietly and Tris cut him loose but he turned on her, he smacked the gun out of her hand, snatched the knife and shoved her into a cabinet.
"Four. Four, it's me. Your in a sim." Tris tried to get him back.
"He can't hear you. Amazing isn't it. Everything we think of that makes up a person. Thoughts, emotions, history. All wiped away by chemistry." Jeanine said walking into the room and next to Four.
"Four." I called out to him.
"He's gone. And we're all safer for it."
"Safer? How are we safer?" Tris asked.
"The brilliance of the faction system is the conformity of the faction removes the threat of anyone exercising their independent will. Divergents threaten the system. Don't get me wrong, there's a certain beauty in your resistance. Your defiance of categorization. But it's a beauty we can't afford." Jeanine walked away and Four starts doing something on a tablet thing.
"Four its me. It's me. Please Four, look at me. Look at me." Tris gets in front of him, trying to reach him. He attacks her and I try to help but I'm shot with something that makes me unable to move, so I listen to them helplessly as they fight around a corner. She finally gets through the to him when he's about to shoot her right in front of me. They then start to take out the erudite behind me so I can't really see what's going on. Four finally is able to get to me as Tris is threatening Jeanine. He takes the tranquilizer out of my back and I'm finally able to move again.
"Thanks" I look to Tris to see her motioning to the mind control inserter and serum on the ground with her eyes. Understanding what she's getting at, I set it up and throw it to her.
"I'm divergent." She inserts the serum in Jeannine's neck and orders her what to do as Four types it up on the tablet thing. She shuts it down just in time before the dauntless kill all those innocent abnegation.
"Simulation abort, system wide shut down." A lady on the machine says.
"No, no, no." Jeanine starts to panic and tries to start it back up again but it isn't working.
"Don't get me wrong, there's a certain beauty to your resistance." I say mockingly. Jeanine grabs something and attacks Tris with it but Tris grabs her arm and punches her, knocking her out.
"Nice." I compliment her punch.
"Tris, Tala." Four calls us over. He shows us a surveillance that shows a bunch of dauntless who willingly follow Jeanine coming our way.
"Shit, we gotta go, now." I say as we run to where the others are. Getting there, I see Eric waiting there with them.
"Eric!" I hug him in relief.
"Thank god your okay." He tightens his arms around me before pulling away to look at me.
"Who did this? I'll kill him." Eric points to the bleeding cut I have on my face.
"It's nothing, just a scratch." I wave it off.
"It's still bleeding." He argued.
"Hun, we gotta go, like now." I tell him. As we run, cobalt joins up with us with my bag in his mouth. Taking the bag from him, I put it on my back as we run to the train. When we're on, Eric hugs me and holds me like him life depends on it.
"Woah, you okay?" I feel him shake his head.
"I could have lost you today. I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you Tala." He admits.
"What?" I pull away to look him in the eyes, his beautiful blue eyes.
"I love you" he says again and I smile at him.
"I love you too." He smiles the happiest smile, picking me up and spinning me around while kissing me as I laugh into the kiss.
"What's with you two?" Four asks as Eric puts me back down but doesn't let go.
"She told him she loves him back." Tris explains to Four when we don't answer.
"Aw, is Eric in love?" Four teases.
"Yes motherfucker, yes I am. And you are to so you can't say shit." Eric sits down against the wall and is about to pull me down with him but I step away from him.
"I gotta go tell Tris something, I'll be right back." I tell him, putting my bag on the floor next to him as he pouts, which is the cutest and most unlike Eric thing to do. I walk over to Tris laughing.
"We are going to have the most disfunctional family ever." I whisper in her ear.
"I know right. I'd love to talk but you should probably get back to your pouting boyfriend before he burns a hole in that wall with his glare." She laughs. I turn around to see that he is glaring intensely at the wall across from him with the pout still on his face. I nod hugging her and heading back over to Eric. When I'm in front of him his face lights up with a smile and he pulls me into his lap, burying his face in my neck as cobalt lays on my lap.