The Fire Triangle, A Zootopia Fanfiction -- Prologue, Chapter 7

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws

------------------------------

The Fire Triangle - A Zootopia Fanfiction

Prologue - Escape From Zoo York

----------------------------

Chapter 7

Dylan felt the cold and damp on his tail first, then his feet were wet, and then the soaking chill was crawling up his legs.

He shot upright as though is back were spring-loaded, looking wildly around the terminal. His body felt as though it had been charged with 20,000 volts of static electricity.

The airport was deserted; he was completely alone-and the floor was also knee deep in water. There was no electricity; all the lights were out and every board and display was dark; he could only see by way of the crisscross beams of the emergency lighting. The air around the young fox seemed to swirl with a billion dust particles, every time he moved.

He reached for his backpack. It was gone. He looked for the laptop. It too had vanished. How had Whitepaw pulled this off? Never mind, the water was rising, and rising fast. He had to get to the gate; the access ramp was safely above the flood-zone; if he could just reach the gate he'd be safe.

Dylan slipped off the chair-and plunged straight into ten feet of water. He flailed, splashing frantically as he sank into the depths. He tried to scream, but his cry came out as only a string of gurgling bubbles.

Someone grabbed him by the arm, hauling him to safety.

But when he looked, he saw that the paw holding him belonged to a wolverine-and was dirty white in col...

"Wake up, wake up young fox. Your flight is ready for boarding."

In the blink of an eye, Dylan was fully awake.

The terminal wasn't flooded, it wasn't deserted, and it still had power. The paw gripping his arm was white all right, but it belong to a lioness rather than a wolverine..

And she was looking at him with an alarmed expression...oops.

"Sorry," Dylan apologized rubbing the back of his neck. "Bad dream,"

The big cat relaxed, but not completely.

"All right then, but now hurry up and join the queue." She was pointing to the line of animals stacked up at the boarding gate.

The next thing she said was, "Excuse me, is this yours?"

Dylan turned and saw the lioness holding the laptop case. "Agggghhh, grrrrr, DUMB fox!" He could have face-pawlmed himself from here to Los Antelopes. Nearly leaving THA behind, way to go Lionstein!

When his turn to board finally came, things did not seem to improve for the young silver fox. The flight attendant, a female muntjac deer took one look at his ticket and began to flip her ears back and forth.

"Oh, but you should have boarded first."

That made Dylan's ears get moving-out to the side and backwards.

He stifled another fox-groan. Just when you think you're past the final roadblock...! And dangit, it wasn't his fault; they should have woke him up earlier.