Bat signal

I never expected a case like this. It wasn't the usual robbery or prison break from Arkham. This one got me in another way. It shocked me to my core, because I never thought it would happen. The Joker hasn't been spotted in a few weeks. I was growing a bit concerned, but didn't think much of it. Now, I really wish I had. Commissioner Gordon signalled me from the top of the roof. So naturally, I went to see what was up. "Batman, the Joker has been sighted, but..." he paused for a moment "when we went to apprehend him... I guess you should see for yourself." 

*le time skip*

The sight in front of me was terrible. Every piece of furniture was either torn apart or flipped over. A lamp was on the floor in pieces. There was also blood on the edge of one of the counters. "What happened?" I asked looking around the room in awe. Jim said "After we got the call about the Joker, we got a call about a domestic dispute." I looked at him a bit confused, but then he said "the dispute was at the same place as the Joker sighting." Looking around again I could see a door on the other side of the room. "When we got here MS. Quinn was in a blind rage. There was blood everywhere, and... Joker was on the floor bleeding and absolutely terrified." I glanced at him, shocked by what he was saying. Harley had never shown signs that she was abusive. And... neither did... Joker. "When we tried to help him, he wouldn't let us touch him. Eventually he just ran into that room and locked the door." He pointed to the door I was looking at. That's where Joker was, so I walked over, and kicked the door open. It took a few tries, but eventually it burst open. The room was empty, Joker was nowhere in sight. That is until I heard a small whimper coming from the closet. As I approached, I slowly opened the door. Joker sat there all the way in the back, curled up in the corner. His knees were pulled up against his chest, face buried in them, and hands over his ears.  "Joker..." I said in a calm voice "are you alright?"

I didn't get a response, so I just reached down and picked him up. That's she he started to fight back. Joker started screaming and flailing, yet I didn't let go. "BATMAN, PUT ME DOWN!!!" He yelled as he punched me in the face. The punches weren't that hard, nor were they aimed very well. A few blows to the face didn't stop me though. "LET ME GO!!!!" Joker screamed as there was another blow to my face. That hit made me loose my grip on him, and he slipped out of my arms. He hit the floor with a thump, and bolted for the door. I ran after him, but was beat by one of the officers. The officer grabbed Joker and pinned him to the floor. "STOP!!! GET OFF ME!!" Joker yelled at the officer, trying to throw him off. I grabbed the officer and threw him off, having Joker curl in on himself again. "Let me, handle this," I said to the officers "he obviously doesn't want anyone touching him." Turning back to Joker, I saw that his head was bleeding a bit. "We need to get him out of here," I said "he's hurt." Walking over to Joker once again, I tried to help him up. The moment my hand touched his arm, it was slapped away. "Don't. Touch. Me." Joker seethed out at me. I only gave a small sigh. "Joker, you're bleeding," I said "let me help you." He just looked up at me, fear present in those baby blue eyes. He didn't give me any sign that he was going to let me help. In fact, he didn't give me a sign at all, he did nothing. 

I slowly reached out to him, and gently put my hand on his shoulder. Joker flinched a bit, but didn't fully pull away. "We won't tasks you back to Arkham," I said calmly "it would just be worse for you." Everyone around us looked at me questioningly. I picked Joker up gently, and headed to the door. "You're coming with me," I said "I know somewhere we can go." We got outside, both of us got in the car, and drove off.

*le time skip,b/c I'm lazy*

We pulled up to the building. "What are we d-doing here?" Joker asked as we got out of the car. "This is the only place where you can get the proper medical treatment." I told him as we walked to the door. "While your here, you will hardly see me," I told him "you can hang out with Bruce though." Joker only nodded, showing he understood. As we entered the house, Alfred greeted me at the door. "Welcome home sir," he said with a small smile "you're home early." His smile vanished when he caught sight of Joker. Alfred gave him a slight glare, which made Joker figit in his spot. "Alfred," I said "cash I speak with you a moment?" Not taking his eyes off Joker, he nodded. "You can take a seat on the couch if you'd like." Joker only gave me a timid nod as a response. Alfred and I went to the kitchen, and that's when he gave me the exact same glare. "Master Bruce, how can you let someone like him into the mansion," He said quietly "have you gone mad sir?" I only gave a slight sigh at the question. "Alfred, he's not going to do anything," I told him "he's hurt. Harley really did a number on him." At that point Alfred seemed to put two and two together. "Miss Quinn? She hardly seems like the one to do damage." Giving a slight laugh I replied with "That's what I thought too, but he was terrified when we found him." Alfred gave me a worried look and sighed. "I trust you sir," he said in defeat "really I do, but this is crazy!" I only shrugged, andc walked off into the living room.