Fear

J and I were currently sitting on the couch watching TV. He was on my lap with my arms wrapped around his waist. It was getting close to noon, and getting really dark outside. I heard that there was going to be a thunderstorm today, so at the moment it was pouring. Just then, a roll of thunder was heard, and J tensed. I didn't say anything so I just tightened my hold on him. "Bruce," he said in a timid voice "I have to use the bathroom." I nodded, and let him go, watching him take off. 

A few minutes went by, and J hadn't come back yet. I got up from the couch and walked to the bathroom. J was nowhere in sight. I went into the kitchen, "Alfred, have you seen J anywhere?" Alfred just shook his head saying that he didn't. Thinking of another place he could be, I went to the bedroom. "Hey J," I called out "you in here!?" There was a loud clap of thunder, and a yelp from under the sheets. I saw a lump under the white bed sheets, trembling slightly. Walking over, I slowly and gently pulled them back. J was lying there curled up in a ball with his hands over his ears, shaking and crying. The sight was heartbreaking, I felt so bad. "Hey, J" I whispered "it's OK, it's just thunder. Nothing can hurt you." I reached out and touched his shoulder, to which he flinched away from me. However, that didn't stop me at all, I gently scooped him in my arms, and held him close. J tried to push me away, but I held on tighter. Eventually, he just gave up and cried harder. A roll of thunder shook the entire manor, and J buried his face in my chest. "Hey, baby it's alright," I said running my fingers through his green hair "I'm here. Nothing's going to hurt you." 

He looked up at me with tears running down his pale cheeks. I wiped them away with the pad of my thumb, and kissed him. In the middle of the kiss, thunder was heard, and J whimpered a little. "You don't have to go through this alone J," I told him "you have me now. Let me help you." J gave me a nervous look, and responded with a small "OK". We just sat in bed until the storm stopped, Alfred even gave us lunch in bed, he's the best.