chapter 6 | confess up then!

i sat with hermione in the great hall for dinner and didn't speak to her for the whole hour.

all of a sudden she dropped her cutlery and exclaimed angrily,"i'm not letting you ignore me because you won't tell him you like him!" everyone in the great hall stopped eating and talking to look over at us.

"hermione, please keep it down" i whisper loudly to her and she looks down at her food.

"i'm sorry but i don't like my friends being upset over anything, especially something they can control." she sounded calmer and began to eat her food again. i ate mine too.

the sky turned pitch black and the corridors were empty so i decided to sneak up to the astronomy tower to send a letter to my mother.

on my way i hear footsteps from behind me and when i turn around i see draco stood there, looking shocked.

"um, hello draco...." i ask, awkwardly. "are you okay?"

draco scratches his arm awkwardly and cant keep still.

"i'm fine i just, for some reason i felt i needed to come here and my body was forcing me to follow you..." his voice starts shaking and he looks up and his eyes look tired.

"draco, there's a lot you need to know about me ...and you but i'm not sure i can tell you." i gulp and he sighs.

"what the hell am i doing? its late!" draco laughs and runs down to the dungeons where the slytherin common room is.
i ran after him.

"why are you following me, snape?" draco's voice cracked and i laughed.

"we need to talk draco!" i yell. that's when he turned around and looked at me, giving me butterflies and chills again.

"talk then. why cant i stop thinking about you? why did i feel the need to be with you then?" draco raised his eyebrows and crosses his arms.

"can we talk somewhere private, please." i nodded towards a moving painting that was moving its head between me and draco as we spoke.

"fine." he sighed and led me down to the slytherin common room. we walked into a cave like room with green sofas and a green fireplace and draco sat down.

"explain here." draco sighed.

"this is going to sound crazy but..." i was interrupted by my dad bursting through the door.

"what on earth do you two think you're doing?" his face filled with anger and he quickly looked back and fourth between us.

"father, me and draco we're trying to...." he interrupted me again.

"trying to what, elise?" his voice rose louder and louder.

"draco and i are best friends dad!" i shoot draco a look to back me up.

draco clears his throat,"we were trying to catch up severus!" draco winked at me discreetly and my dad bought it.

"elise, i want you out of here. now!" his voice yelled as he led me out of the slytherin common room and into the corridor.

we stormed through the corridors in silence until he stopped and stood right infront of me.

"elise. i wasn't born yesterday. you're going to start finding boys attractive but this can't be happening! if you get caught...." he rambled on and lectured me about getting expelled.

"dad. what am i?" i asked seriously. he raises an eyebrow as if to ask what i'm talking about.

"i know i'm a veela, father. are you a veelus? is mum a veela?" i ask.

"yes, i am a veelus. lily potter was a veela and so is your mother. a veelus can only love a veela."

i shook my head,"sorry but, there's no way you wouldn't have told me."

"there is. i couldn't tell you before you found out yourself. i'm not an idiot elise, i know draco malfoy is your veelus and lucius has told him about it. just tell him you know and the curse will be more easily broken."

i sighed. "dad. the curse is only broken once we truly fall in love. me and draco have been best friends for years!"

severus nodded and led me to the astronomy tower to write mum a letter.

hello mother,

i'm writing to you because i'm aware of what you and dad are and what i am too, it seems. i would like to know more about it and what happens if i don't fall in love with my veelus, draco malfoy.

much love

elise snape x

i gave it to my owl and it flew of gracefully into the sky.

i found my own way back to the common room and found harry potter sat on the large, scarlet sofa.

"hey harry." i said as i walked up to my dorm.

"elise." he said, in a monotone voice.

i turned around and smiled,"yes."

"i heard you and snape talking." he looked around to me and sighed. "i'm a veelus too."

i gasped and ran down the stairs to sit with him,"it runs in your family too, i know, your mother was a veela."

harry smiled. "does this mean we have to fall in love?"

i looked down,"harry, i have already found my veelus. its draco."

harry rolled his eyes,"no malfoy has ever been a veela or a veelus in the history of wizards."

"harry, really." i looked seriously at him and he looked down.

"oh, i see." he gulped. "so who on earth is my veela?"

i shrugged,"you'll have to find her. she'll have blue eyes and when you look at her, you'll get tingly and your stomach will get butterflies."

"thanks." he smiled bluntly and i went to bed.

"good night harry."