chapter 8 | josh, ed and iggy

After one whole night sat with Josh in the hospital wing, he was allowed to leave.

"The headache will pass, Mr Langford." Madame Pomfrey smiled as she rushed past us,"I'm sure your friend will take great care of you..."

I nodded and held Josh's hand as we went to the Slytherin common room to see Draco.
When we arrived, Edward, Draco and my dad were waiting nervously for us. I gulped and helped Joshua sit down.

"Hello..." I frowned as I sat down with Josh on the sofa, wrapping him in my blanket.

"Joshua Langford! What do you think you were playing at! Jumping! What's wrong with you!" Edward screamed to Josh who was still shaking. Draco pulled Edward backwards in an attempt to calm him down but he wasn't having any of it. "How could you do that to me? I would've been alone if you had..." Edwards voice cracked,"If you had died..."

My dad sat down next to Josh and took his hand, something I never thought would happen.

"Josh, are you okay?" He said, with serious eyes.

Josh nodded.

"Dad, just leave him. He probably wants to be alone."

"That's the last thing he needs, Elise!" Dad stood up and bellowed. Everyone shifted awkwardly and looked to the ground.
"If in a week, things aren't back to normal Elise..." He inhaled,"You're moving back to Durmstrang, and I mean that!"

I felt my stomach drop. The thought of leaving Harry, Ron, Hermione, Josh, Edward and Draco broke me.

"Do you think I want all of this? Being a death eater? Being Voldemort's neice? Being a Veela? Being your daughter? My mum being dead?" I felt the anger in my stomach travel to my hands just like before. I screamed and the glass statue of Salazar Slytherin shattered into a thousand pieces, everyone ducked. My dad stood back up slowly as he glared at me, he looked confused.

"You can..." He seemed shocked actually,"Only a few wizards can use magic without their wands, Elise...Since when could you do that?"

I shrugged,"I can do when I'm angry..."

"Edward, let's go." Dad beckoned for Edward to follow him out, and he left.

"Langford, are you okay?" Draco replaced my dad's seat. He looked genuinely concerned for once, making me smile on the inside. Josh looked up to Draco in a melancholy manor and looked straight back down to his hands. They were still shaking.

Draco stood up abruptly and left the room, leaving me and him alone.

"Elise, maybe me and Ed should move to Durmstrang..." Josh almost whispered. I shook my head.

"Absolutely not, what would you know who think?" I leaned in,"If you go, I'm going too."

"No, you stay here with Draco. Me and Ed will go tomorrow night. I'm sure Dumbledore can arrange something."

"Dumbledore isn't here." I snapped.

"Well..."

"You aren't going!" I exclaimed angrily, making the warmth in my hands rise again. I inhaled deeply and exhaled quietly,"Please, don't go.

"No, I have to. I'm going, Elise. Wether you like it or not."

——————————

Draco and I spent all day in lessons sleeping as we had been up with Josh all night. He was packing his things until morning when we finally got him to have a nap, but it only lasted 30 minutes. I had also only had about an hour of sleep.

"Class dismissed." Umbridge called. "Mr Malfoy, Mr Crabbe, Mr Goyle and Miss Snape, I would like a word in my office." She giggled as she always does and walked off perkily. I sighed and walked with Draco, Crabbe and Goyle to her way too pink office.
"Hello gentlemen, and lady." She turned to me and smiled,"I assume you are aware of what some of your year are up to? If not, let me enlighten you." She flicked her wand to the pink door and it slammed shut, locking by itself.

"Professor, I have detention with Snape..." Crabbe tried to explain.

"Silence!" Umbridge got out a small pink satchel that clinked with metal as she shook it,"These are badges. I assume you all would like to help find out what the students in your year are up to?"

We all looked at eachother and gulped, before nodding nervously.

"Good," She got out some badges and went along the line, putting them on us. "You are now part of The Inquisitorial Squad" She did her hideous giggle and showed us out. It was now lunch time. Crabbe went to his detention, Goyle tagged along and Draco and I went back to the Slytherin common room where we always met Josh to go and see Edward together .

"You don't think he'll actually go to Durmstrang, do you?" Draco said as we walked through the painting and into the dungeon.

"Yes. As a matter of fact, I think he's already gone."

"We're prefects, we can use a spell to track him." Draco reassured me, but i wasn't buying it.

"No, he's gone." I sprinted up to his dorm to find his bed perfectly made which it never was. I went through his drawers to find nothing there, they were completely empty. Shaking my head, I ran without stopping to the Ravenclaw common room to find it was completely empty. Something was up.

"Elise," Draco stopped to catch his breath,"If they've gone, they've gone."

"Draco, you don't understand!"

"Then enlighten me!" Draco held my hands and sat me down. A few people wandered in and frowned at us for being there.

"I don't know how to tell you Draco..." I felt a hole in chest as I began to realise that what I was about to say had become true these last few days,"I was started to have feelings for Josh...when things with us weren't good Draco...I couldn't help it...He was there for me when you weren't."

Draco's face went paler than it already was. His hands got sweaty as he held mine; He slowly let go and stood up slowly.
"I understand." He nodded with an upside down smile, on the verge of tears he seemed. "If he's gone, you'll need some time alone. I understand that."

"Draco! I-" I called after as he left the room.

———————————

I sat on my own in my dorm, staring at the picture of me and Josh from the holidays. We were so happy, he looked beautiful and loved. I couldn't decide if I loved him or if I just cared about him more than I should have for a friend. Either way, I had feelings for him and I knew I was going to struggle to move on.

"Elise?" Hermione knocked on the door lightly, it seems she was watching me sob and the photograph. I looked up abruptly and smiled, wiping the tears from my face.

"Hi!" I tried so hard to seem happy but Hermione knew me too well.

"What's wrong?" She hugged me and the tears came flooding back.