chapter 15 | re united

"have a good christmas, harry." ron waves to harry and got on the train with hermione and crookshanks, her cat. i smiled at harry and got in the train.

"hey." neville waved as he sat in a carriage with some other boys, wanting me to sit with him; i followed ron and hermione to the end of the carriage.

"so, how's it been? i feel like we haven't caught up in ages elise!" ron put his bag down and laid on the seat.

"good, i guess." i stared out of the window and thought about last week, with draco breaking up with me.

"is it malfoy?" ron asked rather insensitively.

"ronald! call him by his first name!" hermione scowled at ron who blushed violently and looked back at me.

"how are things with you two?" ron asked again. hermione looked at me too, i hadn't told her yet. i stayed in my dorm 'ill' all week to avoid draco at all costs, i hadn't had the chance to speak to either of them for a while.

"he broke up with me..." i felt my lip tremble saying those words, i felt my eyes water too.

"oh, elise!" hermione gasped and jumped on me, giving me a super tight hug. i let the tears roll down my cheek and land on my red jumper, i was fed up of hiding my emotions from my friends.

"it's okay, elise. he's horrible anyway!" ron shrugged with a smile at me and i frowned shaking my head at hermione, who was also sighing at ron.

"are you okay?" hermione asked sadly.

i nodded and smiled weakly.

"i will be." i nodded to myself and continued staring at the highlands of scotland.

——————————

we eventually arrived at kings cross station, back at platform 9 and 3/4 where i first got the train on my own.

"where's your mother?" hermione asked as we linked arms to get off the train.

"she isn't here yet." i smiled as ron hugged his mother, who i learnt to be called molly. i waved at ron as me and hermione went to meet her parents.

"mum!" hermione hugged a tall lady with brown hair and then hugged her dad the same.
"this is my friend elise!" hermione stood aside and her parents shook my hand politely with a smile.
"hello there." hermiones dad nodded and her mum kissed me on the cheek, i assumed it was a muggle thing.

"we best be off, mione." hermione mother held hermiones hand as her dad carried crookshanks in one hand and pulled her suitcase in the other.

"goodbye elise! have a great christmas!" hermione shouted back to me.

i waved and found a bench nearby to sit and people watch at. i watched the students find their parents as i waited for mine. then i heard a familiar voice from my childhood.

"is that elise?" the familiar voice tried to whisper, not knowing that veelas have sensitive hearing.

i looked around and saw three heads of white blonde huddled near the group of slytherin students. then the tallest one turned straight to me- i turned away immediately.

"it is!" lucius malfoy snarled to himself, with his incredibly terrifying voice.

"father, she looks as if she doesn't want to be spoken to..." draco said in a panic.

"don't be ridiculous, draco!" narcissa malfoys calming, warm voice exclaimed.

"he's right, let's leave her to that pathetic mother of hers. i have no idea why severus married her." lucius tutted as they walked through the platform gate and their voice disappeared.

i sighed angrily at lucius' words. my mother isn't pathetic, she raised me just fine. my father was too busy teaching at that stupid school that has caused me nothing but pain.

"elise!" my mother's voice squealed from down the platform. i stood up and gasped, she looked exactly how she did when i left her in september. we ran to eachother and wrapped our arms around eachother tightly, i couldn't breath.

"mum!" i hugged her tighter and smiled wider than ever.

"i have missed you so much!" my mum said happily, with tears in her eyes.

"i've missed you more!" i hugged her again and she laughed excitedly.

"i saw the malfoys! where did they go?" we walked down the platform toward the gate slowly.

"i don't know, i thought draco stayed at school for christmas." i looked down and mother sensed something was off immediately.

"what's wrong?" she pulled my chin up so that i could see her bright blue eyes. she raised an eyebrow after i tried to avoid her question.

"me and draco have fallen out..."

she sighed,"you'll make up."

"it's not like that." i walked faster to avoid this conversation with my bags and i ran through the gate and into the muggle world again.