Kindred Spirits

I heard the door to my mansion quietly opened and click shut as the sound of heels clicked towards where I had remained seated since last night watching the flames that had had since died down since then.

"Family reunion go well?" I questioned my voice cracked and hoarse from the month's it hadn't been used.

"Informative" she stated.

"Do tell" I smirked taking a swig from my vodka and blood martini.

"You haven't slept" she sighed taking a seat beside me.

"I've been asleep for months" I snipped.

"And I've slept for a century, but I still need rest" she replied.

"While you rested peacefully, I have been reliving my worst nightmares, my most cherished memories turned in my worst fears, a few months in that hell felt like ten eternities. Now every time I close my eyes I not only see that hell, I feel it and I smell it" I whispered wiping the tears that flowed down my cheeks.

"You and I are so much alike Giselle, we have been through hell too many times to count, but we are survivors we always come out the other side stronger and more defiant" she smiled.

"Maybe your right Freya or maybe I've just been broken too many times" I whispered.

"You know in the early 1900s the first thing I heard about when I stepped into this city wasn't about my siblings, it was the legend of the great powerful Siren" she smiled.

"God only knows what the city is saying about me now".

"There saying you're dead" Freya stated making me raised an eyebrow.

"They think Celeste killed me?"

"Yes, and seems Elijah killed her in return".

I shivered at the mention of his name, I had been angry when I realized he hadn't saved me from the asylum, that he had left me to rot for the best part of a year. Now finding out that the entire city including my husband believed me dead was just a kick in the teeth. With me missing at least there was hope that I was out there somewhere, did this mean everyone had just excepted my death without any proof except the word of an enemy and simply moved on?

"How did you come across this knowledge?"

"I asked Finn about my brother's witch, don't worry I said nothing of you being alive like I promised" she informed me.

"Finn as your dead brother? Tell me what else have you learned".

A half an hour later and Freya told me everything she had learned from her time with Finn. Not only was Finn alive but so was Kol and Esther all in new bodies while Mikael had been resurrected by Davina. My heart stopped at the mention of her, when Celeste had captured me Davina had been killed in to complete the harvest that hadn't worked, I guess it had in the end if she was alive.

Haley had had her child, only for the baby girl to be taken from New Orleans's to be hidden from the Mikaelsons enemy's, Finn was looking for the child and Esther was now a vampire thanks to Klaus, the irony of what the hybrid did to his mother wasn't lost on me.

"I'm going for a rest do you mind if I shower first?"

"What's mine is yours, blondie" I smirked taking in everything I had missed.

"Thank you for everything Giselle, especially the shoes" she grinned sticking out her foot to show off the designer leather ankle booties I had given her along with the outfit.

"Well I couldn't let you go out in that god-awful nightie and cardigan" I spoke gesturing to the stylish outfit she now wore straight from my closet.