Chapter 6

Our eyes clashed together, a dangerous warning shining in her brown orbs. My feet began moving towards her and Peter and Geneva did the same.

A pulse vibrated my body as it crashed into me. Crimson's eyes looked empty and dead. Just like in my dream.

She moved swiftly, swinging her cuffed hand at Geneva's head. The witch ducked in time but was unlucky when Crimson swung lower. Her head tilted back as the cuff crashed into her temple. A sickening cracked sounded along with a cry.

Her feet kicked her in the chest, sending her flying across the room. I growled, jumping towards her. She stepped to the side, causing me to hit the wall. I groaned, shaking my head.

Guards entered the room but seemed to instantly be thrown back out. The door slammed shut and I could see a white string of power coming from Shaw's hands.

What is he doing, and when did he learn magic?

I looked up and saw Crimson's hand around Peter's neck. She had him pinned against the wall. He was punching and hissing at her, but she seemed unbothered. Drac quickly ducked out the side door, leaving the chaotic environment.

Louis was nowhere to be seen and Shaw was now staring at Crimson with a disappointed look. Jericho was in the corner, chanting something under his breath. Soon, his body vanished, disappearing from the room.

Coward.

Ophena was stuck between the white light and the wall, which prevented her from moving. I stood up to my feet and yanked Crimson off of Peter. She fell backward, falling into the table. It broke from the impact.

"Stop, Crimson," I whispered.

Our mate bond was weighing my heart down and I could feel myself grimace. She stood up and there was blood dripping down her arm. My wolf whimpered at the sight.

"Move out my w-way." She stuttered, clenching the cuffs tighter. She charged at me and I wrapped my arms around her as if we were hugging. The room seemed to have frozen and it was only us two.

Her scent drowned me into a dark abyss and I inhaled a deep breath, letting it out slowly. The blood was faintly there, but it was overthrown by the smell of rosemary and lavender. It was toxic to my senses and my eyes fluttered slightly.

My eyes drifted down to her and she looked confused. Hurt. I brought my hand to her face, sighing from the sparks and hot contact. She smiled slowly and before I could react, she punched me. The metal scraped my cheek, my skin peeling off slightly. She pushed me back, glaring.

"I will kill you if you don't get out of my way." She gritted out. I snapped out of my haze, letting my claws grow. My wolf was slowly taking over.

'Control her. She's getting out of hand.' Leo spat. He was pacing in my head, snarling and whimpering at the same time. We both were torn between killing her or taking her to safety.

"I'm very disappointed in you, Crimson."

I looked past her and saw Shaw slowly making his way over. His right hand was still outstretched towards the door and I could hear their fists beating against it, trying to get in.

"I thought you were past this." He said, eyebrows knitting together. Crimson huffed, her leg tapping quickly. She looked conflicted with herself.

"It's... It's not my fault." She whispered in a broken tone. I glanced between them, confused. What is going on?

"You told me you were better." She turned to him, stopping him in his tracks.

"I am! It's not my fault! It's theirs!" She pointed at a crouched Geneva. The witch glared holes into Crimson's head but did not dare make a move towards her again. Peter was still standing against the wall, scared to move.

"What was their fault?" I found myself asking. Did the witches do something to her? Is that why she's this way?

Crimson's back tensed and she shook her head as if she remembered something. The cuffs dropped from her hands and there was blood dripping from her knuckles and palms. I stepped towards her, but then stepped back as Shaw shook his head at me.

She twisted her head to the side, cracking her neck. A slow breath left her lips.

"If anyone follows me, I will kill you." She glanced back at me. Brown, dead eyes stared deep into my soul and I felt the need to hold her again.

"No exceptions."

Her legs quickly carried her to the window and I ran after her. Her body jumped and curled up into a ball, crashing through the glass. I reached out, feeling the back of her shirt on my fingertips. My heart stopped along with my breathing.

"Crimson!" I shouted, staring wide-eyed.

She fell down and... landed? I blinked, surprised. Her body was on all fours and she pushed herself up, presenting the caved in pavement. She not once glanced up as she ran away into the nearby woods.

I stared after her, my thoughts wild.

"You have to get her, Paxton." I turned to Shaw and saw he was sitting in a chair. He looked exhausted. The door to the room slammed open and the guards looked around, searching for Crimson.

"What happened to her? What did she mean it is their fault?" I asked, growling at Geneva. She stood swiftly, her eyes set on the broken window. Her face had a long scar from Crimson's punch and she was bleeding.

"Even I don't know that," Geneva said, brushing her clothes off. Ophena scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Seriously?" She asked, narrowing her eyes. Geneva shot her a glare.

"Eleanor kept everything a secret. I only know that she killed everyone I loved that night. Slaughtered them like cattle." Her silver eyes shined bright and her hands were shaking in anger.

"She wasn't the same girl that stumbled upon our land. She was deadlier. Quicker. Smarter." Geneva sat down as well, wiping her face.

"Eleanor changed her. She did witchcraft." I said more to myself than to Geneva. Hope spread in my heart. Whatever happened to her can be reversed. She doesn't have to be this way. She can be normal, good.

We can have a life together without her being feared and killing everyone.

"Eleanor's craft did nothing to her. That darkness was already in her. Buried deep within her soul." I shook my head, stepping towards her.

"She can change. She doesn't have to be that way." My voice sounded pleading and I fought the urge to clear my throat. Ophena looked at me, her eyes trailing my body up and down.

The shaking of Geneva's head made me growl lowly. A humorless chuckle left her lips and she moved the bloody cloth from her cheek. As she sat it down on the table, her eyes cast over to me, the dim glow still there.

"Eleanor talked about her the night before she got loose. She said she was the one. That she would be able to do it. She said that the next night, she would truly become Crimson Alexander, the killer of all."