Chapter 40

The four letter word seemed to echo in my head and I looked at each of them. Prospero and Crimson gazed at me, waiting for an answer while Turner just stared at the demon.

"Hell? As in, Lucifer and demons Hell?" Turner questioned. They both nodded and I blew out a breath, catching their serious looks.

"You aren't joking either," I mumbled. Prospero scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"There are various doors in Hell that lead to different parts of the world. It will be an easier and faster solution." He said. I glanced down at Crimson.

Her eyes held determination and I knew that she would go through with this, with or without me.

'Are we actually considering this? I mean, Paxton, this is Hell they're talking about!' Leo exclaimed. I could see his tail going back and forth in my head.

'If it means that it will get us to Harold faster, then I have to do it.' I retorted.

With a heavy sigh, I nodded.

"Fine. Let's do it." I said. Crimson raised a brow.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"If I don't go with you, you'll just go without me," I said. She nodded, walking towards the door.

"You're right, but first I need to talk to Geneva. I believe she has more info that could be helpful." She said. Her hand was on the doorknob when the vamp stopped her.

"Um, Crimson..." Turner trailed off. She turned around.

"Are you going to wash off first?" He asked. My eyes trailed down her body, dry dirt and blood covering her caramel skin. She shrugged.

"I'm just going to get bloodier than this when we get in Hell. Believe me." She said, a wicked glint in her eyes. The statement sent a chill down my spine.

What can I even expect to happen in Hell?

Her hand pulled open the door and she turned to us once again.

"Is... I know he's going to be down there, but is there a way we can avoid him?" She was looking directly at the demon. I cast a look between them.

"He's the ruler of Hell. Of course, we're going to see him. As soon as you arrive, he'll most definitely be on his way to say hello." He said bitterly. She scoffed.

'Lucifer?' Leo questioned.

'I would think so.'

"Hello, my ass." She muttered. She blew out a breath, shaking her head.

"Never mind that. Turner, stick to the plan. Don't disappoint me, and don't tell Ophena about our little trip. If she finds out we're heading to Harold, she'll just want to come and get in the way." He gave her a stiff nod.

"Paxton and Prospero, you guys are with me for a prison visit then we'll head out. Okay?" Her face turned serious as she glanced at Prospero and me.

"Let's get a move on." She left out the door, and the three of us followed.

"I half expected for you to freak out about Hell, Thornhill. I have to say, I'm impressed." I grunted at the demon's statement.

"Yeah? Well, being around Crimson has opened my mind to insane and irrational ideas." I mumbled. He chuckled, moving to walk in front of me.

"That is one of her many charms."

The way his voice dropped as he said that made my eyebrows creased. There was a hint of sadness, but also... longing.