Chapter 7

My feet paced the tile floor of the empty office, different thoughts racing in my head. After the horrible trial and Crimson's drastic escape, I demanded a word with Shaw.

The way he had said he was disappointed in Crimson made me think that they knew each other well. He's hiding something from me. Something that can possibly help me get my mate back to normal.

Her face floated to my memory, eyes of a dead soul haunting me. There was so much hatred and anger on her face, but there was a hint of guilt. Restraint even. Almost as if she didn't want to hurt anyone.

The oak door creaked open and I turned around, expecting to see Shaw's old face. Ophena looked rushed as she gestured towards me with her hand.

"Let's go. She's been spotted in the lands of the Unwanted." She rushed out. I cursed and followed behind her. They'll surely try to kill her.

Creatures were everywhere. Some of them looked scared as they discussed how Crimson was loose. Others looked angry. I quickly made my way out of the hectic building and jogged to my car.

'They'll hurt her, Paxton. They'll use her. We have to hurry.' Worry etched Leo's voice and I felt for him.

The lands of the Unwanted were harsh, brutal. They pitied no one and mercy was unknown to them. Creatures that had been disowned or kicked out immediately drifted there. Gangs and rivals splattered the entire area and if they caught Crimson, they would kill her.

"I don't know what you two got going on, but you should have killed her in there." She spat, opening the passenger door. I looked over at her.

"She's my mate, Ophena," I whispered. She scoffed, getting in. I followed suit, starting the vehicle. I pulled out of the parking lot, the wheels squealing as I jerked the steering wheel.

"She's a killer, Paxton. You can't possibly want her as your mate. As a Luna." She gritted out. I growled, my hands gripping the wheel tighter. My wolf huffed out, his head held high and Alpha power practically spilling out of my pores.

"You'll watch the way you talk about my mate, Ophena. She can quickly become your Luna as well. How does that sound, Alpha?" I sneered, glancing over at her. She growled, her wolf's eye color flashing over her own.

"You dare challenge us? For this killer?" She asked, puffing her own chest.

"I love you, but she is my mate. You will not disrespect her. Do I need to remind you of how you got that Alpha title, little sister?" I could feel her gaze drop from the side of my face and a cold chill went over my skin.

Memories of the constant ambushes and kills surfaced in my mind and I could feel the guilt seeping in. Before I could apologize, she said,

"I just don't want you to get hurt, Paxton." Her tone was bitter and I knew she would hold this against me for at least a week.

My mind didn't dwell on it too long and instead drifted to the woman that's been in my head constantly. She's going to run into one of the many gangs and they won't like that Crimson Alexander is free. Or that she's not dead.

They'll want her blood or they'll make her sign up. Goddess knows that she'll lead a perfect kill team.

'Let's hope they don't hurt her. If they do, I call dibs on the leader.' Leo growled out. I nodded, but then remembered something.

"How did you find out she was in the lands of the Unwanted?" I asked. Ophena stayed silent, looking out the window. I growled loudly.

"Ophena," I said slowly, a warning in my voice.