2: Why So Stubborn?

~Hey Queens! Finally we've made it to 2 chapters in each Family book being uploaded. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!~

Ashton pulled up to the small boutique. It was downtown and surrounded by cafés, bakeries and other small shops. There wasn't a lot of parking space, but he was lucky because it was closing time for most of the small business. So, he was able to find a spot.

Grabbing the bag from his passenger seat and the bottle from his cup holder, he exited the vehicle, locking the car doors behind him. He made his way to the front door and walked inside. Causing the little bell above the door to signal his arrival.

"Hello, welcome to S.I.D. How..."

She trailed off as she saw him and Ashton had to stop himself from smirking. So, she remembered him it seemed. She stood there behind the counter dressed in blue. Her brown hair in the same natural curls they had been in the night he saw her at the club. He hadn't been able to admire her to his liking then, so he took the time to do it now.

She was tall, about five foot eight. But he still stood taller than her at six foot two. He watched as she fidgeted under his gaze while his eyes trailed over her body. When they made it back up to her face, he found her nibbling her bottom lip. He was sure he could put her lips to better use.

"What are you doing here?" She questioned.

"I came to see you, Vixen."

"How did you even know where I worked?"

Ashton walked closer to the counter she was standing on the other side of. "That's not important."

"It is important if you're stalking me." She bit out.

Ashton smirked at her. "I'm far from stalking you."

"Then let me guess. You came here to do some shopping for yourself." She stated, gesturing around the boutique."

Ashton raised a brow at her. "I already told you that I came to see you." He then held up the bag and the bottle. "I even brought you dinner."

"No thanks."

"Why so stubborn, Vixen?"

"My name isn't Vixen. It's..."

Ashton looked on as she trailed off catching herself. He then watched as she mouthed, what he was assuming, were a few curse words to herself for almost giving him her name. Though he didn't need her to. He already knew it. Knew that she didn't just work at the boutique, but that she actually owned it. He also knew that she lived alone and he knew her address.

He paused for a moment as these thoughts ran through his mind. So, it essentially looked as if he were a stalker. However, he'd only received the information. He hadn't actually stalked her.

He had actually had plans to come and see her sooner, but with his family about to move in on Austin Scrimshaw, he had been a bit busy. He had made time to come and see her now, though he didn't have much of it to spare at the moment.

It was times likes these he envied his younger siblings. While he and his older brothers were the
planners, Grae more so, making sure everything was meticulously laid out. His younger siblings were far too crazy for that. Their solution to everything was to go in guns blazing or to simply blow the place up. Therefore, they were never usually involved in the planning. Always just the action.

He placed the items on the counter and looked down at her while she looked up at him. Her brown eyes held irritation. Leaning over the counter, closer to her he heard her breath hitch. It was exactly what he had been looking for.