4: Bad Liar

~Hey Queens! Here's the next chapter. Hope you enjoy! As always don't forget to comment and vote!

Ashton was sitting at the bar, eating a bowl of cereal. It was a little after one. He had gotten a few hours of sleep, but he wasn't usually one to sleep for more than about four hours each night. Though, it wasn't foreign for his body to eventually demand that he get more.

Footsteps caught his attention and he knew before she rounded the corner that it was Maleiha. The sound was distinctly different from any of his siblings or the few of their men that lived in the house.

"Ashton. Hey." She said surprised. "I thought you would have still been sleeping."

"I could say the same for you. You put in a lot of work this morning."

Ashton watched her shrug before taking in what she was wearing. He could only assume they were the clothes that she had come over in. He lifted a brow at her wondering if she was trying to sneak out after all of the commotion that happened last night.

While he knew his brother had not yet told her what they did for a living and all of the things they had their hands in, he knew she had some clue. Last night had given her that much. She had immediately understood why they couldn't take Grae to the hospital.

He hadn't thought that she would try to sneak out without talking to his brother and actually getting the entire story from him.

"Going somewhere?" He asked her before taking the last bite from his bowl.

"I was hoping so. I needed to go get a change of clothes and my school bag before it's time to give him more medicine."

Ashton nodded at her as he got up to rinse his bowl out before putting it into the dishwasher. Headed toward her, bypassing her to leave the kitchen.

"I can take you if you want. I'm assuming you didn't drive here."

"Thank you." She stated and he heard her begin to follow him.

He led the way out of the house and to his truck. He opened the passenger side door for her before going around and getting in on the driver's side.

Pulling out of the roundabout driveway, he followed her directions to her apartment building. They pulled up about twenty minutes later and he killed the engine. Ashton had volunteered to go in with her and help her carry her things out, but she told him she was only getting a few things and wouldn't be but a couple of minutes.

So, instead, he sat in the car and waited for her to come back. While he waited he took out his phone and sent a text to Korrae asking if he could take her out that night. He didn't expect her to respond right away though. He knew that she enjoyed playing hard to get. It didn't bother him. The chase would make the end result well worth it.

Maleiha came back out a few minutes later and he watched her walk to her car. She loaded her bags in and then walked over to his truck.

"I'm just going to follow you back to your house."

Ashton nodded at her and waited for her to get in her car and start it before pulling out of the parking lot. He made sure she was following him as he made his way back home.

Once they were there he pulled in and got out, going over to her car and helping her with her bag. They got in the elevator after passing Kylen once they were in the house, and headed up to the third floor.

He put her bag down by the door inside of Grae's room as he looked his brother over. He was still pale, but not as bad as he had been last night. His color seemed to be gradually coming back.