Chapter 5

(Your POV)
   After you and Link had finished up breakfast, you decided it best to get on the road immediately. According to Link, you guys were fairly close to a stable. Sure enough, after about twenty minutes, the sight of a tall horse-like building came into view.

   "Woah..." you mumbled, taking it all in.

   "What, have you never seen a stable before?" Link questioned with a confused look on his face. "I thought you had a horse."

   "Well, yes, I did, but my parents brought him to me. Registered him at the stable then went straight to Hateno village. I've never seen such an interesting building."

   He nodded in reply and steered Epona over to the front of the building. Slipping off the horse, he offered a hand in assistance. You gladly took it and hopped off Epona, very much less than gracefully.

   "Okay. How do I get a horse?"

   "Catch it."

   "Ha ha. How do I get one?" You crossed your arms and stared him down.

   "Like I said. You catch it. I can get one for you if you can't do it, though," he said in reply.

   "I'm perfectly capable of catching one, thank you very much!" You marched off in the direction of a group of horses. Eyeing each one as if you were window shopping, you spot a beautiful black horse, much like the one you had prior. This is the one you wanted. But... How in Hylia were you supposed to CATCH it? You started to turn around towards Link, but decided your pride was more important. Sighing, you slowly crept up on the group of horses.

(Link's POV)
   "FUCK!" you heard someone yell from not too far away. Turning towards the direction of the noise, you immediately spot (y/n) lying on the ground, looking a little beat up. You run over, checking if she's okay.

   "I'm fine," she said as you jogged over. You look her up and down to check for any serious injuries.

   "I said I'm fine!" She said a bit harshly, shooing you away.

   "Can you stand?"

   "Of course I can stand." She went to pick herself up before an expression of pure agony spread across her face.

    "Holy shit..." was all she was able to breath out.

   You grabbed her up gently and carried her back to the stable. You couldn't tell if she had blacked out or simply closed her eyes, but decided not to investigate the matter. Luckily, she hadn't strayed too far from the building, so it only took you a few minutes to carry her back.

   "Uh, excuse me, I have a little bit of a problem here," you said walking up to one of the employees with (y/n) still in your arms.

   "Holy Hylia, what happened to her?!"

   "I think she got kicked trying to catch a horse, but I can't be sure. Can you guys do anything to help? Please?"

   The woman nodded her head and motioned you to follow her inside. You placed her on the bed and let the stable workers tend to her wounds. You were quite worried about (y/n) despite meeting her only the other day. So far, she was the only one who was kind. Sure, people would thank you and give you something in return for a quest, but you could tell she truly meant it. She's a good person. You know it for a fact.

   While (y/n) was inside resting, you decided to go after the horse she had attempted to catch. You had caught horses before, so catching him was no problem. You led him back to the stable and asked one of the handlers to keep and eye on him while you made a quick meal for you and (y/n).

Short chapter, sorry guys! I've been a bit busy, but I'll make sure the next chapter is longer <3