A Walk To Remember

(A/N) The title is so cheesy I'm sorry. But I figured it was about time that I updated a new chapter to the story. I finally had a break from school and I took the opportunity to write something out for you guys. I'd also like to thank you all for 4K reads. I thought I would barely get to 100 and yet here we are. I couldn't ask for better supporters, you guys are so patient and understanding so thank you for putting up with my horrible update schedule. I hope you enjoy the update(:

I woke up to the sun in my eyes. I roll over and see that it's 8:24 am. Six more minutes and I'll get up. I covered my head with my blanket and rolled back over.

I woke up again but this time I pushed myself off the bed so I can wake up. I glance at the clock *9:36 am* wow I guess six minutes turned into an hour.

I grabbed my phone and saw that I had an unread message.

It's from Namjoon! A small smile crept on my face when I read his name.

N- Good morning :)

H- Good Morning Namjoon!

I replied and set my phone down on my bed. Something felt off today. I don't exactly feel happy, but I don't feel depressed either. Not yet anyways.

Instead of eating I grabbed a bottle of cranberry juice and water.

I quickly chugged my cranberry juice and headed towards the shower. I didn't bother looking into the mirror as I made my way to the bathroom. I already know how horrible I look.

I undressed and turned the shower on, letting the hot water hit my skin. I washed my hair and body, then got out.

Now I need to pick an outfit out for today.

It's a little chilly outside so I decided to choose a light pink sweater, black jeans, and my white high top converse.

I don't feel like doing a lot of makeup so I lightly fill in my eyebrows and start doing my hair.

To complete my look I throw my hair up into a messy bun. It's simple and easy to do.

I walk back out to the living room and pick up my phone. I got another text from Namjoon asking when I would be ready to go on the walk we had planned for today.

As a reply I told him he could head over now because I'm ready to go.

I almost forgot to brush my teeth so I run to the bathroom and quickly brush and rinse my mouth with some mouthwash.

As I walk out of the bathroom I hear soft knocking on the door.

I grab my phone, keys, and wallet and head towards the door to greet Namjoon.

I open the door to see a cute smile accompanied by two dimples.

"Hey Namjoon" I say with a smile

"You ready?" He asked me

"Of course, lets go!" I get excited being around him

As we were starting to walk I notice a small patch of wildflowers along the side of the street.

They were really pretty pink flowers and I wanted to pick one.

I reached out for one of the flowers not paying attention to my sleeves sliding up my arms, revealing a few cuts on my wrist.

Finally realizing, I shove my sleeves back down hoping Namjoon didn't notice, but it was too late.

"How long have you been hurting yourself?" He asked me with concern in his voice

"What do you mean?" I tried acting like I didn't know what he was talking about but he saw right through me.

"You know exactly what I mean" Namjoon said a little more stern.

I took a long pause before finding the right words to say.

"I've been doing it since 8th grade" I looked down at the ground because I couldn't bear to look at him in the eyes.

"Why do you do it?" Namjoon sounded so worried. I don't understand, no one has ever cared to ask why before.

Still looking down I tell him, "It's an escape, a way to let my pain out. I suffer from a lot and I take it out on myself. I feel worthless Namjoon, I don't mean anything."

My eyes started to water but I held my tears back while still looking at the ground. Namjoon doesn't say anything and in the next moment I feel his warm embrace engulf my body.

"Harin, we may have just met but when I look at you I see a girl who already has such great meaning to me and in your eyes I can see a softness within your soul that tells me you care about others more than you do yourself. I see a beautiful girl who can become strong if she realizes the world needs her. Please stop hurting yourself. You are worth everything and you belong here, I want you here." Namjoon doesn't let go of me.

"Namjoon I.."  I start to talk but I instantly cry.

"Shh, don't say a word, just cry it out. I'm here for you." His voice is much softer and more comforting.

We just stand there, with his arms around my back and mine around his torso. I cry until I can't cry anymore.