Chapter 7

Sebastian POV

I wanted to get out of her apartment as fast as I could. And probably from her life too. I stormed out of the building and almost ran back to my car.

There's only one person who can help me at this moment.

"Stop at my sister's, Jack." My driver just nodded and took off. 

----------

"No, no. Yes, sure. Yes. It needs to be 50 inches in length, otherwise, I just don't need it... Yes. As soon as possible. Sure."

I was sitting on a couch in my sister's house if you can call it like that. Maria was an artist, so to speak, so her place looked like a chaotic mash-up of paint, canvas, random sculptures and a splash of some actual furniture. She looked nothing like me, with a blonde pixie cut, big amber eyes, small frame and, most importantly, kind heart. My sister was standing all covered in paint, looking so free. I felt jealous, to be honest. I felt jealous of how well she balanced the chaos and the order, and I'm not talking about her house. Maria was the definition of 'freedom' to me, she was the closest person that I had. And I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

I looked at my watch trying to look as bored and impatient as I could, so Maria would finally hang up that damn phone.

"Let me call you tomorrow to go through the order again, I really have to feed my dog. Thank you."

"You don't have a dog." I chuckled.

"But I have you," Maria smiled devilishly and wiped away a speck of yellow paint that was on her cheek. "To whom do I owe the pleasure of seeing you, kind sir?"

I rolled my eyes and stood up to make tea. Not that I wanted it, but Maria was a complete abstinent and not even a drop of alcohol was allowed into her house.

"To no one. I just wanted to pay you a visit."

"No no no no. Don't lie to me, Seb. You keep rubbing your neck and you only do that when something is really bothering you." 

Someone, to be exact.

I couldn't lie to her, not when she was staring at me with her wide amber eyes, looking at me worriedly. 

But I struggled to get those words out. What should I say anyway? That I'm losing sleep over a woman who I barely even know? Thinking about it is one thing, but saying it requires a whole another level of courage.

"Is it a woman?" 

I almost dropped the cups filled with boiling water. Why does she have to be so good at this?

"Jesus flipping Christ, did you come here to tell me that some kind of woman bit your tongue and chewed it or what? I swear, if at least five words don't leave your mouth by the time I count to ten, I will empty all your precious whiskey collection into a sink." 

Maria definitely looked furious now.

"Calm down, calm down." Wait, it's only four words. "What if it's indeed a woman?"

"Nothing. Tell me then. She either got you under her spell pretty good, or you fucked up big time."

Is there any difference between the two? 

I just lifted my eyes and looked at her. I think that was enough.

"You're worried your wife won't like it, aren't you, Seb?"

---------

Annabella's POV

I tried to fall asleep that night, I really did. But my brain kept replaying that moment of Sebastian's hands grabbing me as if I was all his, and claiming my lips. 

Unable to fall asleep, I kept doodling sketches for his house. That moment we shared had some kind of effect on my drawings. The lines were softer and my imagination was simply going wild. I hadn't experienced anything like this for... years. And all it took was just one simple kiss to fix whatever was broken inside my head.

I didn't even notice it was morning already, not until a merciless beam of light started staring me right in the eyes. 

"You shouldn't have pulled an all-nighter, Anna..." I told myself and wabbled to take a shower. 

It was Friday. And it's my first Friday without Bruce. We used to spend them watching fantasy movies and drinking white wine, just like that. Doing absolutely nothing else. And even though I'd been questioning my feelings for him for a long time now, I still felt lonely, and I didn't do well when feeling lonely. 

----------------

"So? How was the meeting with Mr. Hunter?" Grace asked impatiently as soon as I entered the office. 

Grace had a superpower to detect bullshit from a mile, and knowing that I had to be very careful with my answers. She would take my head off if I told her what happened. 

"It was fine. He liked the lot, so I just need to finalize everything now."

"Fine? Is that all that you have to say?"

I looked at her and just shrugged. 

"You've got to be kidding me. No kissing, no sex, no other kinds of naughty stuff?"

"For heaven's sake, Grace, it was a meeting, not an underground orgy." I tried not to think about what happened that night since I'm extremely good at blushing for the smallest and most insignificant reason. "Would you be so kind and brief me on tomorrow's schedule?"

Grace looked very unsatisfied with the amount of information I'd provided her with. She can be mad at me all she wants, but I'm definitely not talking about that kiss. Ever. 

After spending a good minute rolling her beautiful eyes, Grace finally decided to do her job. "So you have to call off all the other appointments if Mr. Hunter had already chosen the lot, then you have the gala."

My heart sinked.

The gala.

"Oh Anna, please don't tell me you totally forgot about it..."

"...yes..."

Grace just threw her hands in the air and left my office. I could see her looking for all the numbers of make-up artists and designers to get me ready for the event and mumbling under her breath. Whatever she was mumbling, it wasn't nice.

How could I forget about the biggest event I've ever been invited to?