i - the scenes

THE SCENES
———

A dreadful nightmare. That's everything Juseon wants this to be.

Yet he knows it isn't. It's reality, attacking like an un-forecasted thunderstorm.

His brother is dead, and he can't do anything about it. He's seen his own little brother's corpse, lifeless and cold, right in front of his eyes.

He never thought he'd be at this point, mourning the loss of his only family left.

What utterly pisses him off is not the fact that his brother is dead, he's still not over the shock of that.
It's the fact that the police ruled it as suicide. Fucking suicide.

If anyone knows Park Jinseon, it's his own damn brother, Juseon. If anyone knows any odd behaviors, suicidal tendencies from the younger, it's Juseon. Too fucking bad the police only care what's on the scene and not what actually makes sense.

Punching down his arm in rage at the table, Juseon gulps down another glass of beer. Being sober is too difficult right now, better off being drunk.

He grins when his sight goes a little hazy and thoughts start to scatter. The alcohol finally hit his system.

The next glass, he sips slowly, any sober part of his mind now already fucked up.

"Yah, it's already closing time, and you look way too young to drink!" The manager said, but Juseon just scoffs, gulping down the rest before tossing money on the table and leaving. No point in staying at a place who won't serve any more alcohol.

His legs are a bit wobbly as he walks, forgetting where he is momentarily.

He wanders a bit before finding himself near an overhead bridge, collapsing on the curb, just besides the road.

He looks up, a dopey look on his face as he stargazes. Then, he frowns at the sight. "Stupid Seoul and light pollution, can see barely more than two stars."

But he doesn't stop watching. It's somehow comforting. The fact that no light was there in the sky, keeping the day dark enough as it is for Juseon.

Before he knows it, even at an intoxicated state, his mind travel back to his dead brother.

"Fucking shit– I swear he was killed!" He shouts to himself, probably scaring off any nearby passers. "He isn't the type to commit! He fucking isn't. He wanted to save others for fuck's sake!" He yells angrily before he realizes he's crying, raw tears spilling on the concrete sidewalk.

Screaming in frustration, Juseon slams his fist down, tears falling continuously. "Fucking police– all they want is the stupid money!"

"If you continue what you're doing, you're going to get arrested."

The voice stops Juseon's screams, his eyebrows furrowed in anger as he looks up at the voice.

"Who the hell are you?"

The man then leans back, as if he was looking at the view better, narrowing his eyes a little.

"And, also tie you up and maybe put you in rehabilitation for alcoholism."

"I asked–"

"Min Seowon. Judging by your words, you've faced trouble? I'm guessing someone passed away."

Juseon spits, sneering, "Fucking genius." But, there's a vague familiarity with the name he hears. Though in the drunken state, he doesn't really care.

The Seowon guy chuckles. "I've gotten that before. With far less spite, though."