ii - the scenes

THE SCENES
———

It's the third week of seeing Seowon, Juseon starts calling the man 'hyung'.

The other doesn't seem to mind, focusing on the information Juseon is bringing him and what he could do to figure who killed Jinseon.

"Ah, hyung, I found this in his room! I also got a list of his coworkers from his workplace."

Seowon's heart lurches at the opportunity. "Give, give. Let me see."

Juseon hurriedly passes the papers he's found. They were in a private room of a restaurant, so no one could hear them.

"Oh... oh."

"What? What? What?" Juseon asks impatiently making Seowon shoot him a look of slight annoyance before turning serious.

"I'm sure your brother did not commit suicide."

Juseon purses his lips. "I thought we established that three weeks ago."

"– and, I'm also sure that his killer is one of these."

Seowon shows the papers with the workers Juseon had gotten.

"How do you know for sure? I've brought over other lists of people, too... that I made on my own, remembering the people he knows outside of work."

Seowon smirks, and Juseon's eyes fall on his lips before he's looking back up again.

"There's no need for another list. I'm pretty sure it's one of his coworkers." Seowon looks at the list Juseon just gave him, a calculative look in his eyes. "There's no way someone else would have a motive to kill him besides his coworkers, working at a game company... he spends a lot of time there, probably has friends."

"Had," Juseon interrupts, eyes looking off to the side. "He had."

"Oh," Seowon looks at Juseon with a blink, clearing his throat as he nods, "Yeah, sorry."

Juseon looks back at him, just moving his eyes. "Continue. You were saying?"

"Right," he says, turning the paper upside down to show Juseon. "I went to his workplace a few days ago, asked around. Not many had problems with him, sweet kid, but," he says, pausing, turning over a page and pointing to the list of games their department had worked on.

"Here, two years ago, Jinseon worked on this particular game that got discontinued, and strangely enough, none of the other workers who worked with him, interacted much with him at the workplace. He also seemed to avoid them, a staff pulled me aside to tell me, recognizing me as a detective."

Juseon's eyes widen a bit, nodding along to the information. Seowon took the papers back and sighs, "I've got a list of suspects, but I'll need to look into it further. The staged suicide note is also strange, there's nothing leading to it. It makes no sense to me, I must do to me what I forced upon someone else, he killed someone?" Seowon wonders to himself, voice low.

Juseon slams his hand on the table angrily. "He didn't."

Seowon is taken aback at the outburst, and looks closer into Juseon's eyes, the flare of wrath in them. He gulps, nodding slowly, "Okay, he didn't. I trust you. He didn't act anything out of the ordinary, right?"

Juseon shakes his head, trying to remember something, "Nothing that I remember."

"Then, alright, I'll look into what I can. This is all I have for today. Let's eat, now—"

"Wait, if you already visited his workplace and knew about everything, why did you come today?" Juseon asks, pouting.

Seowon grins as he's watching the waiter bring their drinks and food.

"Well, you said you'd be paying for the food each time we meet as a payback. Can't give up a free meal, you know?" The waiter leaves after leaving their ordered food and beverages.

Seowon looks at the four glasses of alcohol Juseon had gotten. He frowns.

"You should have just one glass."

Juseom scoffs as he picks up one glass, mocking his words and tone, "You should have just one glass." Before he's downing the whole glass.

"Now that he's gone, I live to get drunk."

Muttering a tch, Seowon is pulling the three other glasses towards himself.

"Yah! What're you doing? I paid for those!"

The detective pulls over a trashcan to pour all three in. "I said just one glass, okay? Next time, you better only order one."

Juseon just looks at the trashcan in mock despair, a little annoyed. "Waste of perfectly good beer."

"Anything else you got for me?" Seowon asks, glancing at his watch.

"That's all for today. Next Friday to share all we've found sound okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine."

Every time they met up before, it was always Seowon who left first, but this time, Juseon stands up, grabbing his jacket, waving as he hurries off.

Seowon watches for a few seconds as he leaves, then just shrugs and continues enjoying the food he was treated to.

<>

BLOOPERS;

Scene 26; Take 4

"I've got the list of suspects, but I'll need to look into it further. The staged suicide note is strange, too. There's... there's what again?" Yoongi suddenly asks, forgetting his lines.

Jimin, who was in character, bursts out laughing.

"Cut. Yoongi-ssi! Read your script, and we'll try again."

Embarrassed, Yoongi nods, grabbing the script from one of the staff, flipping to the page to read from. Reading it, he sighs, "Aish, it's so long..."

Jimin smiles as he watches Yoongi try to get it. "Fighting."

Scene 26; Take 7

"—what I forced upon something else— someone else, ahh! Sorry!" Yoongi messes up again, the line being a little too long for him to remember in the first few tries.

But, he grabs the script again to read through it once more as Jimin patiently watches him across the table.

Yoongi nods to himself before closing the sript and handing it to someone in standby.

"Okay, let's try again."

Scene 26; Take 12

"—it makes no sense to me, I must do to me what I forced upon someone else, he killed someone?" Yoongi says, finally getting it all right.

Jimin slams his hand down on the table, wincing right after at the pain. "He didn't."

"Cut. Jimin-ssi, you can't make that face after you slap your hand down, haha—" This makes everyone laugh, along with Jimin.

"Ahh, I hit too hard," Jimin says, rubbing his hand with his other one to lessen the sting.

"Ah! Jimin-ah!" Yoongi yells exasperated, laughing a little. "I have to say all that again!"

This makes everyone laugh again.

"Sorry!" Jimin says, laughing along. Frustrated, he yells out before saying, "We have to hurry! We have practice after this!"

"Alright, let's try that again~"