iReview's Sample ( Hunger Games)

I wrote this review for fun last October 23, 2013. I won't use my latest reviews because they are lengthy haha :)

***

Title: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Genre: Sci-Fi, Young Adult, Adventure, Dystopian Literature
My Rating:  ★★★★

Title: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)Author: Suzanne CollinsGenre: Sci-Fi, Young Adult, Adventure, Dystopian LiteratureMy Rating:  ★★★★

The Hunger Games mania often stirs my head in confusion and I can see  now why. Drama, suspense, romance  all knitted into a great story line? Name it and brace yourself as Suzanne Collins': "The Hunger Games",  gives you an unforgettable roller-coaster ride within the pages.

The story revolves around Katniss Everdeen, 16 years old and Peeta Mellark,  living in the 12thDistrict of Panem surviving The Hunger Games-a punishment for  a failed rebellion in the past against the Capitol. Each district is required a boy and a girl tribute between the ages of 12 and 18 to participate in the Hunger Games, an annual event in which the participants must kill one another in an arena until one remains as a victor.

I have seen some of the important events coming but surprisingly it never ceased to supply the novel with excitement.  I am often at the point where I tell myself I know where it’s going, only to find out how amazingly the author drew all the pieces together in making it happen. Looking closely, the story line is really that easy. But given the twists of a new setting, daring and smart characters, tale-gripping moments, a tad historical spice did the trick. Suzanne Collins has that kind of magic. I enjoyed the story so much that I couldn’t find any dull moments even at parts where some of the characters were left unsupported with details and can still grow.

Collins has been great at how she linked every chain in the story. The flashbacks were not overpowering to send a flying start of yawns. The connection which holds the whole story  is systematically tapped that readers find it effortless to get back on track when lost within the pages. 

Added with a perfect ending as a head start for the second book, like Katniss I can almost see every tribute “on-fire” going berserk for the sequel to follow. I give 4 stars for an enjoyable read! :)